November 18, 2019, 03:59:30 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It is legal to use chicken and turkey to crab in New Jersey?  (Read 10651 times)
samiam

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2014, 05:50:51 AM »

Never used corn for trout. I did catch a couple of winter flounder on corn many, many moons ago. I was using a single kernel on a very small hook fished near my chum pot.

My #1 rule for evaluating advice on any activity that is at all technical is to ignore all self-appointed experts who assert an opinion as fact without providing any basis for it (the "because I've been doing this forever and I say it's so" argument). Important in person, and twice as important on the ninnynet.

-samiam

All of those sites soon pointed out that it was legal including Blue Claw. Some people questioned where I had heard such a thing.

It has always been legal. Like the Loch Ness monster it keeps popping up which more than likely will never stop even if they read the DEP site. Never believe your lying eyes. lol

It's like the myth it is illegal to use corn to fish for trout. Last year I lost track of the number of times I heard that from "hard line" fishermen. Even almost got to blows because I wouldn't stop. So I contacted the hatchery and got a letter from biologist at the hatchery who said they had tried to stop this and it just kept going. So I printed out the e-mail and would carry. Didn't matter because they knew it was illegal. You can't argue with stupid. lol

A similar thing happened when I was a kid back in the 60's. I fished with beef liver for trout. Over and over again I would hear they fed the trout at the hatchery on beef and it was illegal. I finally just asked a warden who just laughed. I started trout fishing again last year and what was the fisrt thing I was told by a "hard line" fisherman when he saw beef liver.

So grab that chicken, corn and liver and go out and break some laws that don't exist.
Ron
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2014, 06:39:30 AM »

I did catch a couple of winter flounder on corn many, many moons ago.

Canned corn is great to use as chum for winter flounder.     Use it whenever I am fishing for winter flatties.

Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 26 & 27th, 2020
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek
Crab Nebula
Lifetime Member

Erfill

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2014, 09:35:42 AM »

It's like the myth it is illegal to use corn to fish for trout. Last year I lost track of the number of times I heard that from "hard line" fishermen.

Yup - I have been using corn since I first started fishing. Always hear from someone how it is illegal, and I always ignore them and go about my fishing!
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 01:23:21 PM »

speaking of corn...

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
Crab Nebula
Lifetime Member

Erfill

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2014, 06:48:13 AM »

speaking of corn...

And another thread bites the dust!  Wink laugh

Barbarella

Any day is a crabbing day

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2014, 04:53:14 PM »

Dock Outfitters has a sign on the left heading out to pier saying that chicken is harmful to the Eco system . Not sure who put it up. Maybe they just want you to buy their bait...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home