February 19, 2018, 04:37:57 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mixed crabs  (Read 13779 times)
im2fast4you33

Ignore
« on: August 27, 2014, 05:07:54 PM »

I seem to be in a bit of a dilemma.  I have yet to figure out what a bushel of mixed crabs truly is.  I always saw crabs as 1s and 2s.  If it's not a 1, its a 2.  A 5" crab is a 2.  A 5.75" crab can be either depending on if it's full or not.  I see mixed crabs are sold for less than a bushel of 2s.
  Because of this I figured a mixed bushel was male and female crabs mixed together or something like that.  I can't imagine a mixed bushel being a mix of 1s and 2s cause it shouldn't be cheaper then, considering 2s would cost more with no chance of larger crabs being in there....solve this for me please
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 05:12:54 PM »

Polite way of saying culls

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 05:21:53 PM »

I would say mixed males would be 1's, 2's and whites. Mixed crabs could be all of them plus females.
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 05:30:48 PM »

Could be a variety of combos

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 06:06:48 PM »

Culls/ whiteys. MD crabsdelivered sells them on fb everyday. You can buy bushels of them at lindys for $40-$80 depending on the week. My buddy usually buys 2 bushels on the way to the campgound every weekend. You can honestly stand around the fire and pull the meat out with the legs and never pop off the shell. They are horrible but easy eatin. Lol

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink

dfran
Supporting Member

Labs Rule !!!!!! Crabs ain't bad either !!!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 06:30:02 PM »

So if they are easy to eat and people like them.....what gives you the right to say they are HORRIBLE. Who the F do you think you are to decide what is good and what is [curd]. Maybe it's time you started keeping your stupid opinions to yourself. You aren't smart enough to pick up on the hints that the members have tried to give you, so I would guess you're just an idiot. Why not try and be sociable instead of obnoxious....you may actually find a friend or two. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 06:46:16 PM »

So if they are easy to eat and people like them.....what gives you the right to say they are HORRIBLE. Who the F do you think you are to decide what is good and what is [curd]. Maybe it's time you started keeping your stupid opinions to yourself. You aren't smart enough to pick up on the hints that the members have tried to give you, so I would guess you're just an idiot. Why not try and be sociable instead of obnoxious....you may actually find a friend or two. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I have enough friends.. And plenty on here. Everyone on here talks about whiteys being trash crabs sooooo wouldnt they be just that.. Trash?  Come to think of it i dont see too many positive comments from you either einstein. I figured you got one smartass remark for ever crab you catch and the way it looks your way over your quota this year Grin

flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 06:48:07 PM »

Ps.  Please ask the original poster if my comment was out of line. Because truly he is the only one here that should give 2 squirts.. Surely you shouldnt Wink

flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 06:49:52 PM »

Oh.. And im smart enough. Those morons just fuel my fire. Smiley

dfran
Supporting Member

Labs Rule !!!!!! Crabs ain't bad either !!!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 07:34:32 PM »

Which morons are you referring to. Seems like you know what a loud mouthed braggart you are...you just can't help yourself.....really sad Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin I know two different comms that take whiteys home to eat themselves because they are easier to eat.  But then
, everybody doesn't catch 3,4,or5 bushels of ''bricks'' every time they go out, only you do that laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:39:30 PM by dfran » Logged

flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 08:23:05 PM »

Which morons are you referring to. Seems like you know what a loud mouthed braggart you are...you just can't help yourself.....really sad Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin I know two different comms that take whiteys home to eat themselves because they are easier to eat.  But then
, everybody doesn't catch 3,4,or5 bushels of ''bricks'' every time they go out, only you do that laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

I love eating flexors. I have always claimed to love a 7" flexer. Whiteys are a whole different crab. Im not a big fan of air crabs full of water with minimŕl seasoning. I feel like they are HORRIBLE. Its an opinion. Sorry if you dont like people having opinions. Maybe thats your thing. Since you took crabs back to chuck because they were too dirty and demanded clean ones id say whiteys are right up your alley. As far as a braggart.. I havnt even posted my last 3 trips.. Let alone post a pic of the biggest crab i ever caught. Im just keeping that for myself. Anyway. Glad you got that off your chest. Seems like you've been letting it build up a lil too long. Remember.., deep breaths.  Deep breaths. Would love to chat more but i have lines to bait. Someones CRABBING in the morning!!!!! Woooohooooo!!

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 08:40:08 PM »

Gonna be stiff out the north west. Be safe

in·teg·ri·ty   
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 09:09:31 PM »

If the crabs in the mixed bushel are from the Patapsco river, they're probably #2s.    Grin

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 09:17:46 PM »

Gonna be stiff out the north west. Be safe

That shouldnt be too bad. East by far is the worst.

flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 09:18:31 PM »

If the crabs in the mixed bushel are from the Patapsco river, they're probably #2s.    Grin

They are too good to be in a mixed bushel.

im2fast4you33

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 10:30:32 PM »

Ok, got ya, I just have a hard time letting something go for less for no good reason.  And fp, I didn't find your comment offensive.  I personally don't care for the pickiness some have for crabs.  To expect all your crabs to be full and heavy at all times, all season is just rediculous.  I don't really get the whole trash crab debate, maybe I just like them too much.  I open every crab and enjoy it.  Havnt opened an empty one yet.  Honestly we are arguing about an ounce or so in the crab.
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 02:41:02 AM »

Better than losing them.

in·teg·ri·ty   
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 11:30:18 AM »

wow, can i get a word in? I sell mixed males all the time, they are hard crabs not lights or whitey's, good crabs. When i refer to mixed i mean mixed 1 s and 2 s just the way i catch them, make sure they are legal and into the basket, i sqeeze every crab almost, some you can tell. My price for these crabs is 150 bu. Last week i purchased 2 bu for a party since my back went out i haven't been out for 6 weeks now, anyhow i bought from another comm that i didn't know but a friend did and he sold me crabs the same way mixed 5 1/4 to some that were 8 in hard crabs price 150. just sayin.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 12:17:32 PM »

wow, can i get a word in? I sell mixed males all the time, they are hard crabs not lights or whitey's, good crabs. When i refer to mixed i mean mixed 1 s and 2 s just the way i catch them, make sure they are legal and into the basket, i sqeeze every crab almost, some you can tell. My price for these crabs is 150 bu. Last week i purchased 2 bu for a party since my back went out i haven't been out for 6 weeks now, anyhow i bought from another comm that i didn't know but a friend did and he sold me crabs the same way mixed 5 1/4 to some that were 8 in hard crabs price 150. just sayin.

Rdbeard

That's how I grade my mixed males.  If I am doing mixed males, as they come overboard, measured, squeezed and in a basket.  It is illegal to mix culled males and females while on boat into the same basket.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 01:14:24 PM »

Regarding the mixing males and females, I didn't know that. Thanks

in·teg·ri·ty   

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home