November 14, 2018, 01:43:25 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Crab House in Northern Delaware/Maryland  (Read 14117 times)
mootz62

Ignore
« on: September 15, 2014, 03:47:39 PM »

We are going for a weekend in early October to the University of Delaware.  Would like to go to a crab house down there.  Does anyone have any recommendations?
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 04:02:10 PM »

Captain Chris Crab Shack. He used to also be a member on here.  Located in Northeast MD just across the MD/DE line

http://www.captainscrabs.com/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
discover
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 01:44:53 PM »

I know a lot of my friends and family have gone to Kelly's Tavern in Port Penn and have never come back disappointed. Many of them are monthly regulars because the crabs are that good. I have had their crabs once before and they were huge, full and tasty. Only thing is that it's a bar and no one under 21 allowed.
shes a pit

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 05:22:20 PM »

My buddy and his family enjoys eating crabs at  Hilltop Crab house. It's just over the Delaware line in PA. It's about 1/2 hour from UofD.
www.hilltopcrabhouse.com
redhanded

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 08:25:41 PM »

Mick's Crab House
They are on Rt 40 in Md about 1/2 mile from the Delaware line.
Indoor and outdoor seating.   bar and family restaurant.   Also doing comedy shows Friday evenings

I'm just down the road a little more, if you want take-out crabs, all my crabs are fresh cooked to order.

mootz62

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 07:26:57 AM »

How about Lestardos in New Castle, Delaware.  Any reports?  It's the closest to where we are staying.
caledonn65

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 12:11:36 PM »

I tried Captain Chris last week on my way back from a trip to DC and was very impressed.

The only downside is you have to sit outside which can be an issue with really hot days or if it rains.  Other than that its a great beachy atmosphere and everyone is having a great time.  The crabs were some of the best AYCE I have ever had.  They were steamed with plenty of J.O. and served with two ears of corn.

The staff was amazingly prompt with bringing out more crabs that were always hot and tasty.

They are normally $24.95 for AYCE which is unheard of in this day and age, but the day I went they ran a special $19.95!  So my bill with a Corona and two rootbeers was $27....I'm gonna guess and say I put away 32 crabs.
East Shore Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 03:03:50 AM »

Wellwood Club in Charlestown MD off of RT 7 south of North East MD in my opinion some of the better AYCE crabs in this area

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home