December 11, 2018, 02:43:28 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crab Wholesalers  (Read 3187 times)
td2485

"That Marine lawyer crabber guy"

Ignore
« on: February 18, 2015, 04:30:54 PM »

Hey everyone!  Does anyone know of someone currently (or will be after the bay cleaning period is over) selling bushels of crabs in the Houston/Galveston area?  Please don't refer me to previous posts, as I have already called every place I could find on here and through searching Google. lol

A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

Go to Heaven for the climate, [Sam Hill] for the company.

Republicans don't want to "save the world," they want to save the country from those who would "save the world."
Night Wing

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 06:02:37 AM »

Every once in a while, I have a bad day either fishing or crabbing around Galveston. On my way home, instead of coming home empty handed, I take a side trip to Seabrook, Tx and stop in at the "Golden Seafood Inc, Wholesale and Retail" seafood market (281-731-1929) for some live crabs or fresh caught fish. There's even a few videos on their website now. The link is below.

http://www.goldenseafoodinc.com/

I don't know if you've called this place, but if you haven't, a phone call might be in order for you to check it out.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 06:04:31 AM by Night Wing » Logged

Standup Paddleboard: SUP Sports Hammer: Length 8' 11". Width: 31". Thickness: 4". Volume: 140 Liters. Weight: 17#.
Night Wing

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 06:03:22 AM »

I meant to modify my post above but clicked on the quote button instead.  Embarassed
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 06:05:40 AM by Night Wing » Logged

Standup Paddleboard: SUP Sports Hammer: Length 8' 11". Width: 31". Thickness: 4". Volume: 140 Liters. Weight: 17#.
BJ1fish
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 06:12:26 AM »

I was in one of the Oriental supermarkets last weekend buying crawfish bait and they had a lot of crabs out. Crabs are not sold by the bushel here. They are sold by the lb or crate. You will get to pick out your own bushel. Males , females ,1s and 2s are out in big bins.  If you are in Houston go to Sam Houston Parkway And Bellaire and you will be in China Town. There are numerous markets in that area. You might have a language barrier if you call them. Also Boyd's One Stop in Texas City has a wholesale business. If you have not checked with them I would call and see if you can reserve the amount you are looking for. I assume you called all the markets in Seabrook?  Rose's, Golden ,and T and H are some I can think of. As you mentioned  it is going to be about 3 weeks until crabbing gets back to full swing due to the clean up clousure.
Good Luck
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:41:14 PM by BJ1fish » Logged
td2485

"That Marine lawyer crabber guy"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 09:48:14 AM »

Great information, thank you both.  I called most of the Seabrook places, but I may take a trip this weekend and see what I can scrounge up.  Thanks again.

A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

Go to Heaven for the climate, [Sam Hill] for the company.

Republicans don't want to "save the world," they want to save the country from those who would "save the world."

BJ1fish
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 02:39:39 PM »

On the day you are going to be in town call T and H and ask what time they expect there crabber to arrive. They are friendly and will try to help you. It is day to day this time of year. I do not think you are going to find any this weekend. The cleanup will be going on.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home