October 23, 2019, 02:01:26 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: when is a good general date to get out on hanseys/Dividing creek??  (Read 1993 times)
jaxsonguy

Ignore
« on: April 12, 2015, 01:43:35 PM »

just itching to get out on the water...
what is a good date to maybe start getting a few bites in the traps?
not even looking to pull bushels....just a few

thanks

riverpop

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 04:30:48 PM »

you should hear , late may, for a legitimate chance of a half bushel. if we get warmer weather it could be earlier- we had 4 boats there last year on may 5th and totalled 11 keepers. lets see what willie,bobby and the rest of the mud merchants down there have to say. i like that, should copyright it.
The "DCMM"   Dividing Creek Mud Merchants   or  "HOE"   Hansey's Operating Engineers"

or  for the Perch Fisherman   The "DBAGS"  Deleware Bay Angling GuyS"- oh my drink needs ice, and i need to open another 2 dozen topnecks raked this morning...

Good luck in Dividing Creek this year, it did fire up last year- but it took awhile, hope the humor made you laugh. 

riverpop (gary B.)
riverpop

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 04:33:54 PM »

This topic will be moved as soon as a mod reads it, this is for crabbing reports only, not crabbing prayers-     call me butter cause i'm on a roll-  boy these greyhounds are going down smooth. Cool Cool Cool

riverpop (gary B.)
riverpop

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 04:35:14 PM »

I'm in my chair, watching The Masters and swaying like Ray Charles- smooth baby.

riverpop (gary B.)
Crab Nebula
Lifetime Member

Erfill

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 04:41:24 PM »

I'm in my chair, watching The Masters

Yes, watching the Masters as well! Soon, but not yet......

54bobby

bob elliott

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 06:35:54 PM »

stop, i have a concussion and you're just making it worse.
riverpop

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 09:39:57 PM »

c'mon that shiz was funny- and you know it.

riverpop (gary B.)
CaptWilliecrab
Lifetime Member

A great way to live a day!

Willicrab Wilson Capt Williecrab

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 09:30:23 AM »

It's all about the water temp.  Several years ago while fishin in April,  I was eating some Kentucky Fried Chicken I had brought,  I tied a wing on a handline,  and began pulling in nice crabs.  One hot early May day in the early 90's,  a guest and I nailed close to 2 bushels of number 1's with only 6 traps in about 5 hours.  Other years nothing till June.  Of course there was that day, Dec 4'th in 2012 me and Admiral Ed in our separate ships nailed a bunch of nice crabs.  Then also just a few years ago, Ron and friends caught crabs in March.  But the hunt is on.  I just fired up my creek ship in the yard,  she started right up.  I was just told a crabbin old crabbers tale at church,  when the Forsythia Bushes began to show their yellow flowers,  the crabs are feeding.   The tellers of the tale said their Forsythias are just now blooming.     williecrab, creek explorer in the 21'rst century......entering 2015 with 3 fully creek trained grandcrabs...and very happy about it!

◄ Ecclesiastes 3 ►

To Everything There is a Season          1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

The Excellence in God's Works

9What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth? 10I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.

11He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

12I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life. 13And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God. 14I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him. 15That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:36:52 AM by CaptWilliecrab » Logged
54bobby

bob elliott

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 11:36:35 AM »

it's all about water temp, and not just on the surface. ever dive into a lake in may that feels warm? haha, 3 feet down it's still 50. need around 55 to  wake them up, 60 is even better. look for commercial pots in the bays. when you start seeing them in numbers, the're usually starting to move.
riverpop

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 01:09:32 AM »

boy we go from willie to bobby- kind a like the angel on one shoulder and yeah you know. 52 is the magic number on the bottom, or a storm to get them out feeding.

riverpop (gary B.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home