December 09, 2019, 05:27:51 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rec Crabber Beware II  (Read 15363 times)
catchincrabs

Catch me if you can!

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2006, 09:13:54 PM »

im going to take a shot here and go ahead and safely say about 60-75 % of the crabs that go to crabhouses come from the carolinas and louisiana.thier cheaper by the bushel therefore profit margins are raised

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? The crabs are a little cheaper but the shipping will kill you. You need to think before you speak.CC

Take a kid crabbing you wont regret it!!!
Geckert

John Martin Linde Jr.

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2006, 09:44:42 PM »

Not to mention that even if you do go pick them up you are out baskets for all of the broken ones you seem to get and if you send someone down to pick them up figure on a day at least. theres fuel wear and tear on your Mitsi hotel if past SC tolls ect may be cheaper in the beginning but by the time you use all of them 2 days later your dead loss accounts for the price of 75.00 a dozen.Cheaper?how?

I now have a list.
Darrell

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2006, 10:18:55 PM »

Shocked I remember the first time out on the Wye River, when we set traps right on a commercials trotline. Excited we were to be there, did not see the mans bouys and know where we were. He ran his line then pulled up the trap and moved it. A charitible and fine fellow he was for not simply cutting our lines and we apoligized to him for not knowing where we were to him, and felt  very foolish too for being in his way and being green. Then I have seen rec fellows bellowing to keep 100 feet away from  their traps when we were laying traps too. Course that fellow did not know the law is 100 ft from a trotline not a rec trap.. Oh well I hope its a better year for crabs.. not much rain so thats a good sign as it allows a good spawn for crabs and rockfish but we will see how it all goes. License fees will stop no real die hard rec crabbers like most of us here even a 100 dollar license , but it will get lots of people steamed up and how much money will it raise?.  Catch limits and days allowed for crabbing ,gear regs will do more then fees. We will see what happens with all this.

Houses being built like crazy all over the area due to the  Federal govt presence, run off, fertilizer, nitrates, ad bad weather too much rain ect are all hurting old crab!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home