December 08, 2019, 09:01:55 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rec Crabber Beware II  (Read 15362 times)
Islander
Lifetime Member

"Life is simple, its just not easy."

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2006, 09:53:03 AM »

i asume the grants go towards purchasing boats and equipment and what not.
theres grants for practically any kind of business out there.

I've never heard of Comm. crabbers getting state grants. You may want to check your facts and not make assumptions.

F.I.sherman

Is bin laden still enjoying his bahama's vacation?

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2006, 09:58:22 AM »

small business's get grants.
it dpends on how you go about it and how much you know about grants.
im sure i could dig up grants that some have probably gotten and which most probably dont even know about.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin
mike2u

New London Pa.. My kids call me Mr. Krabs...

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2006, 09:59:41 AM »

LOL.. trust me there's grants out there for everything,, From cleaning houses,, to wiping your arse,, the GOV will give money for anything... You just have to be the right person they want.. Thats why it's all screwed up..
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2006, 10:00:10 AM »

Just wondering. Do you know if they are State grants or Fed. When we get grants for our little city here they are tied to a project or have to be spent on a single subject.

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2006, 10:05:27 AM »

Solomon,   That was a lot of words, but would like to see the math comparison to show the cost of combined rec lic to commercial lic figures...   Maybe plumbers  and mechanics should get in line every year to get a license too.     If they limited drivers License, the roads wouldn't be crowded....   All kidding aside, lets look at the math.... Wink

Supporter and Lifetime Member
2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!

Islander
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2006, 10:05:58 AM »

small business's get grants.
it dpends on how you go about it and how much you know about grants.
im sure i could dig up grants that some have probably gotten and which most probably dont even know about.

Let's try to stick to facts here and leave the "coulds" or "probablys" out of this discussion. This is a touchy subject and I for one don't think it will be resolved be guessing or assuming.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 10:08:07 AM by Islander » Logged

R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2006, 10:06:26 AM »

This is what starts problems. You assumed that because grants are available to small businessYou have just posted a rumor that your tax $s are subsidizing Comm. crabbers.The grants that i know of for Comm. will come out of their own license fee's

- John Wayne
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2006, 10:10:34 AM »

maybe we should reduce the number of comm crabbers and even have them have to fight each year for a license renewal.
right now its basically a monopoly and we should break that up.rec crabbers basically foot more money to the state than do comm crabbers.
after taking in the facts such as rec crabbers live in the state pay taxes,get charged for bay views,bring in tourism,and the fact rec crabbers are larger in numbers than comm crabbers.alot of people come to maryland for blue crabs and even more come in for a chance to try to catch some.I think if maryland wishes to mess with rec rules,they should just take out rec crabber licenses all together for one year then put that missed revenue burdon upon the comm crabbers who are upset at rec crabbing  to see just how much they will end up paying in the end.i would also expect during that time that the state no longer give grants to comm crabbers either,so the rec crabbers have one less bill by the goverment.
this would be a clean and solid message that without rec crabbers comm crabbers wouldnt make a dime.the rec crabbers are the biggest taxpayers and should not have to deal with stuff like this.
crabbing is not a garanteed job.its not like a auto mechanic or a plumber.
these are things that some comm crabbers need to take notice of before they even get thier license.

If MD did pull all the rec licenses for a year, which they're never going to do, why would the missed revenue then be placed on commercial crabbers?  Commercial crabbers pay for their licenses and other fees just like rec crabbers, and its a lot more than $10.  Keep in mind that commercial fishermen also pay taxes and their boats and trucks run on the same outrageously expensive fuels that power the boats and trucks of recreational crabbers.

Git 'r dun!
Crabslayer

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter soon to be Java Sea

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2006, 10:22:48 AM »

Solomon, did you take the time to think about the direct and trickle down economy from commercial crabbing?  The businesses that they support i.e. Restaurants, crab houses, carry-outs and the number of employees it takes to run these businesses and the people who own them?  Just in the Tri-state area alone look how many places sell blue crabs.  The crab industry supports a lot of people and businesses which by the way generates revenue for the state.

This is how it's going to go.  After I kick your A$$ i'm going to run you through the wood chipper and put you in containers in the freezer to use in my crab pots!  The really sad part?  You let an old man kick your A$$!!!
mike2u

New London Pa.. My kids call me Mr. Krabs...

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2006, 10:28:41 AM »

Ok Ok Ok .. I think it's time for a hug for everyone.. 

wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings angel2 angel2 angel2 angel2 angel2 angel2

Crabslayer

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2006, 10:37:46 AM »

wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings angel2 angel2 angel2 angel2 angel2 angel2

I only hug trees! Grin

This is how it's going to go.  After I kick your A$$ i'm going to run you through the wood chipper and put you in containers in the freezer to use in my crab pots!  The really sad part?  You let an old man kick your A$$!!!
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2006, 10:41:40 AM »

I only hug trees! Grin

rifle  and how about that cat? laugh

Git 'r dun!
Islander
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2006, 10:42:29 AM »

Mike, if you want a hug, I'm sure ST would be glad to help you!!  Grin laugh laugh laugh

Domino

Incredible Hawk

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2006, 11:02:40 AM »

If MD did pull all the rec licenses for a year, which they're never going to do, why would the missed revenue then be placed on commercial crabbers?  Commercial crabbers pay for their licenses and other fees just like rec crabbers, and its a lot more than $10.  Keep in mind that commercial fishermen also pay taxes and their boats and trucks run on the same outrageously expensive fuels that power the boats and trucks of recreational crabbers.

Make sure you deduct what you can for your cost of doing business...vehicle mileage, tolls, equipment, maintenance, fuel, etc.  I don't know exactly, but the list is probably quite big on what you can deduct.  Keep track and get credit for it.
F.I.sherman

Is bin laden still enjoying his bahama's vacation?

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2006, 11:06:59 AM »

"Keep in mind that commercial fishermen also pay taxes and their boats and trucks run on the same outrageously expensive fuels that power the boats and trucks of recreational crabbers."

yes,i did keep that in mind.the overall point being is alot of people move to this state because of the bay and thier use of it.
they pay property taxes,income taxes and so forth.if the rec licenses where pulled,then the state would have to make that money back up somewheres else.the ratio of rec users to comm users is alot.im not aiming at all comm'rs just the ones that think because of thier badluck during a year the burden shall fall on the rec crabbers.

"Solomon, did you take the time to think about the direct and trickle down economy from commercial crabbing?"

yea its something that in this economy doesnt work.by the time it trickles down the rest of the aspects have risen,cost of living.

"The businesses that they support i.e. Restaurants, crab houses, carry-outs and the number of employees it takes to run these businesses and the people who own them?  Just in the Tri-state area alone look how many places sell blue crabs.  The crab industry supports a lot of people and businesses which by the way generates revenue for the state."

im going to take a shot here and go ahead and safely say about 60-75 % of the crabs that go to crabhouses come from the carolinas and louisiana.thier cheaper by the bushel therefore profit margins are raised.

as for mike2u im done with the argueing now  Grin

i've been living in maryland for about 30 years now and it just shames me to see what some people in the crabbing business will do to shift blame onto others.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Crabslayer

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2006, 11:10:36 AM »

im going to take a shot here and go ahead and safely say about 60-75 % of the crabs that go to crabhouses come from the carolinas and louisiana.thier cheaper by the bushel therefore profit margins are raised.

Care to cite your refernces of where you are getting your data?

captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2006, 11:12:56 AM »

Care to cite your refernces of where you are getting your data?
Sounds like he uses the WAG system... Smiley

Supporter and Lifetime Member
2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!
Islander
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2006, 11:21:05 AM »

Care to cite your references of where you are getting your data?

This guy obviously doesn't believe in using references or finding facts. Wild guesses appear to be good enough for him.  Roll Eyes

R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2006, 11:28:20 AM »

i've been living in maryland for about 30 years now and it just shames me to see what some people in the crabbing business will do to shift blame onto others.
Dang i am not ever going to go to work today, So far i have not seen a lot of blame being thrown around except by the rec.s This has all started in response to a large increase in Rec licenses. The Comm's are capped there is no way for it to expand but the potenal for the rec fishery to expand is unlimited, if in 5 yr's there are 4 or 5 times the Rec in your fishery it will have a great inpact on you and none of y'all are going to like it. If they do cap the # of rec licenses in the future at some point Everybody who has a current license should be grandfathered in. This means that it wont effect anybody on this board except to hopfully make sure that you are able to still gho out and enjoy what you are doing and be able to bring home a good catch of crabs...........word of advice.... make sure if there is a cap in the future that you will have the ability to transfer your license to your family members in case of death or ability to go

- John Wayne
Islander
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2006, 11:32:11 AM »

Dang i am not ever going to go to work today, So far i have not seen a lot of blame being thrown around except by the rec.s This has all started in response to a large increase in Rec licenses. The Comm's are capped there is no way for it to expand but the potenal for the rec fishery to expand is unlimited, if in 5 yr's there are 4 or 5 times the Rec in your fishery it will have a great inpact on you and none of y'all are going to like it. If they do cap the # of rec licenses in the future at some point Everybody who has a current license should be grandfathered in. This means that it wont effect anybody on this board except to hopfully make sure that you are able to still gho out and enjoy what you are doing and be able to bring home a good catch of crabs...........word of advice.... make sure if there is a cap in the future that you will have the ability to transfer your license to your family members in case of death or ability to go

Well said RD!   I Agree!!  Cool

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home