August 19, 2018, 01:39:25 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any places to crab?  (Read 2474 times)
fellers fam

Ignore
« on: May 16, 2015, 01:49:35 PM »

I live just past charlotte and want to go to the shore to crab? Any suggestions on places?
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 09:23:35 AM »

question are, do you have boat, taking family etc. There is a lot of places from Va line to SC line to crab. Right now prolly the easiest from charlotte would be around wilmington >>This quote is from 2006: "If you want to catch large crabs in the summertime go around Snow's Cut by the bridge at Carolina Beach. The mixing of fresh and saltwater there seems to make it a pretty good spot. The Cape Fear River seems to have the largest crabs but I prefer the crabs from the ICW for there quality. Right now we are catching large crabs in deep water and in narrow creeks behind barrier islands. "

But otherwise Neuse River is good, Pamlico River is good, Mattamuskeet Lake is good, causeways around the Nags Head area good and if you have time you could call Gene OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469 he takes people out for crabbing trips

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
fellers fam

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 09:34:10 PM »

Thanks for the response. Its just me and the hubby, crabbing from the bank. I think we are going to try cape fear or Pamlico river this weekend. Any suggestions on where to buy the nylon round open top pots? I figure walmart but if there is a better place we are open to the advice.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 11:17:00 PM »

good luck , have a GREAT time. hope you nail em

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: