May 23, 2018, 02:27:25 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOODLAND BEACH BAY BOAT RAMP  (Read 2810 times)
crabber 1

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2015, 08:24:49 AM »

WB ramp into bay, is it useable? what size, an boat type? Pros an Cons!
Cizcut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 11:43:34 AM »

There is no water there at low tide your best bet is Collins beach and take the 10min ride to woodland beach

Lost in the sauce
crabber 1

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 05:28:22 PM »

thanx! Cizcut.i saw all the parking an thought it was a good ramp. years ago my father an I used to rent wooden row boats there, but they were gragged up on the beach. thanx again!!!!
hawkinjw

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 10:39:23 AM »

I normally use the ramp on the creek as you go into Woodland Beach. The only time I have ever used the bay ramp was during hunting season when the creek side ramp was frozen up. The bay ramp doesn't have much water at low tide. I have seen the sand out 100 yds. at low tide and with the wind in the right direction. I have been told that Collins Beach is starting to have some issues at low tide (haven't been out of there in a while).
discover
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 11:47:30 AM »

I launched last year at Collins beach at low tide and I can confirm it's not great. Only the middle ramp had barely enough water to launch at low tide and the reason is a ton of mud. The right side ramp as you are looking to the water was mud several inches to more than a foot thick, which I did not realize until I tried to launch my boat. The water is dark muddy brown there and it looked like only water until I started to back in my boat and then I realized that I had mud caked all over the back of the boat, tires were completely covered in mud and the trailer was a muddy mess. In fact, after several washings since last year I still have mud from that day.  laugh laugh At mid to low tide, there is mud up on the ramp so if you get out of your vehicle to launch your boat be prepared to get muddy.

Now on the flip side, at high tide the ramp is great to launch from. Lots of water all the way up the ramp and deep enough for big boats and it's only a short ride down to Woodland beach. So plan your launch times around mid to high tides.

crabber 1

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 05:49:51 PM »

fished out of Collins 2 weeks ago. came in at low tide in a 19 fter. did not think we would make it, churned up mud west of the markers to the ramp.
Jhooker

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 12:12:06 AM »

Best channel is not between the markers, there is a good trough to the south of the markers wrapping the point.  Use your depth finder but even at low tide If you know  where the channel actually lies now there is enough water fir a decent sized boat to get to the ramp
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 10:59:28 AM by Ron » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home