August 23, 2019, 10:23:50 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patapsco 7/3/15  (Read 2388 times)
TDave

Ignore
« on: July 05, 2015, 11:09:56 AM »

Sorry for the late report. Went out thinking how nice of a day it was, water was calm but didn't expect all the other boats out. Day before there was only one other boat in the area. It was crazy out there 10 boats in small area. Think I was 3rd boat when I started setting my TL, after it was set I ran the line like I always do just to make sure there was nothing messed up with the lay. Saw another boat was setting traps near me. Went over to say hi, they proceeded to tell me they were here way before me. Now since I didn't see them pull up and maybe I messed up I said sorry. He still had a few choice words for me. Instead of him moving a couple traps I ended up picking up the TL and moving just to make him happy. I personally don't see why people have to be so rude about things, could have talked about it but guess some people would rather be rude and angry. I'm not a comm and like to enjoy my time when on the water, why do it if your just looking to get upset. A couple years ago I set my 1000 tl thinking I was good but didn't notice that I set close to a comm til he went by me, didn't see his floats they were probably spread 3x farther than mine. I said sorry and that I'd move, he told me not to worry and there was plenty of space. I still moved my line, he's making a living I wasn't. Sorry for the rant but sometimes I just don't get people.

Anyway I ran the same 1200, 10 traps and 1 ring baited with cn. Move 3 times (need autoroller) crabbed 7-1:30 ended with 30 crabs, Had to run line fast cause they were dropping off, slow run = 0 crabs. Only got 1-2 per run, traps didn't do well again, maybe 4 total. All caught 4-6ft water temp 76 lower than day before. When I got home I checked on crabs from day before and not having cool place to store then I lost about half dozen so I spent the rest of the day steaming them for 4th of July party. Pic is minus the dozen or so we already ate.
Big Rad
Lifetime Member

Chase Happiness because life is short

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 05:29:52 PM »

Thanks for the report. 

I hear the sound of one hand clapping....you don't??
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 06:37:30 PM »

Looks excellent.

I wish i was a crab.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 10:06:54 PM »

WTG

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Night Wing

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 07:59:42 AM »

Those 30 cooked crabs sure look nice. Bet they ate better than they looked.  Wink

Thanks for sharing.

Standup Paddleboard: SUP Sports Hammer: Length 8' 11". Width: 31". Thickness: 4". Volume: 140 Liters. Weight: 17#.

triggerfish76

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 12:05:24 PM »

Nice report. Glad to see someone is catching crabs in the Patapsco. I got to get out there myself.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home