August 26, 2019, 06:04:43 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PAX 7-3-15--- NO GOOD SAMARITANs  (Read 5790 times)
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 10:47:05 PM »

I  did read the post over , before posting the first time.  Any person of sound mind-- would have to know something was not right-- when a young person was using a paddle --  when an adult was working on the engine.  Come  on Pal -- just what are you thinking?   Are you feeling guilty -- You weren't one of those --    I  don't want to get involved  PRICKS  were you.  Seems like some people like to flap their lips -- instead of doing the right thing.  Think about it   What  goes around --  comes around

I guess there are a whole lot of people out there that are not of sound mind, seems like he passed and talked to several who didn't feel like he was in any immediate danger - oh, by the way, I guess they aren't mind readers either. I'm glad you're so clairvoyant that you can ascertain what's going on with every boater who might be using a paddle. If the OP had stood up and waved or expressed concern for his condition, I'm sure he would have had plenty of help. Can't fix stupid - yours or his. I'm out. Continue your assertions.

As an addendum to the original OP - Jimmy Dipper - DID YOU EVER STATE TO ANY OF THE PEOPLE THAT YOU TALKED TO THAT YOU WERE COMPLETELY BROKEN DOWN AND NEEDED A TOW BACK TO THE LAUNCHING RAMP FOR ANY REASON.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:05:46 PM by Mikie » Logged
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 11:10:45 PM »

I'm shocked with commercial numbers on the side let alone 2 small kids on board and not one commercial waterman would step up.  That suxs.

How do you know he had comm numbers on his boat?

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
JIMMY DIPPER

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 12:56:28 PM »

Fellow Crabbers-- sorry and did not want bickering on here but to clarify, yes I have comm numbers. The very first guy that never came back for me and dropped on both sides of me new I was in trouble , the next guy (comm) also new for both of these guys I told. The next guy (comm) did come back for me but engine was started and off I went. I did not waive my arms etc at the start because the first guy , still in sight was to come back for me. When I drifted , paddled to the next guy there were several others boats around and like many of you I would help anyone, you know when someone is in trouble when the engine cover is off and kids are using a paddle on a carolina skiff. Even my daughter asked why are all these people staring at us. The last guy as well when I said hi , I told him I have engine trouble. Yes maybe I should have been more aggressive and said can you give me a tow, I take blame for that but man I usally run to help people and check on people. If your on the water enough you know what does not look right. Again my saving grace was the wind and tide taking me right towards the ramp. If I was taking on water or motor on fire I would have used my whistle or flares etc.
Harford Crabber
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 06:52:05 PM »

Couple years ago I was in the GP near Maxwell Point alone.  I guess thats about 5 miles from Mariner point boat ramp.  4 teenagers put out a few traps near me and I think ran em a couple times before I noticed they had the cover off their motor.  I went over and they said they'd be fine, they'd get it going.  I told them I was gonna be there a couple more hours and would pull em in when I got done if they didnt get it going.  It was 2 boys and 2 girls.  About an hour later I noticed they were swimming with the boat anchored and figured I was in for a slow ride back, with them in tow.  About 1/2 hour later a big ol cabin cruiser came at us a pretty good clip.  Turned out it was one of the boys father. They must have called him on a cellphone.  I could hear him cussin the boy from about 50 yards away.  After he calmed down some I went over and offered if one of them wanted to hop in my boat we would pick up their traps, a lot easier then trying to do it with that 30 footer.  The boy thats father was cussin got in with me and pulled his traps, the whole time his father cussed him in the background. The poor kid was embarrassed as could be.  Shame was if they had waited and not called the disgruntled fart they could have avoided the whole scene.  Takes all kinds to make up this world. 
bigdaddy11

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 07:46:57 AM »

Jimmy, I think we may have met at the ramp for a brief second...we were both putting in at the same time.  I spoke to (I think) you and your 2 children and asked if you needed help putting in.  I watched your kids while you parked your vehicle and I waited on my brother and nephew.  I think it is awesome to get your kids involved in outdoor activities as I do the same but hate for them to see this is not how us fellow commercial and rec boaters are supposed to act.  I wish I would have seen you on the water in need of help.  We all need to help each other out when we can.  I have towed a many boats in my life and been towed my self.  What goes around comes around.  Good luck

Eman

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 07:49:05 AM »

unforgiveable, some one should have helped, especially with kids on board. really? Shocked Huh
rock n crab
In Memoriam 11/2016

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 09:26:16 AM »

It's the law to offer assistance to those who need it on the water I thought however there have been several cases where those who have offered assistance were later sued for stupid things such as line broke a cleat or other things..... then there are those who abuse this like the guys who rent the boats on the Potomac and run as far as they want and run out of fuel because they know someone will help tow them in...... After towing a few of these folks I now offer assistance to them by offering to call the tow boat for them  ..... It's sad that times have made it this way but when kids are on the boat it does force my hand and I do have to throw them a line....

20' SeaMark CC 90HP Honda
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 09:48:43 AM »

It's the law to offer assistance to those who need it on the water I thought however there have been several cases where those who have offered assistance were later sued for stupid things such as line broke a cleat or other things..... then there are those who abuse this like the guys who rent the boats on the Potomac and run as far as they want and run out of fuel because they know someone will help tow them in...... After towing a few of these folks I now offer assistance to them by offering to call the tow boat for them  ..... It's sad that times have made it this way but when kids are on the boat it does force my hand and I do have to throw them a line....
Yup after dealing with some folks that were not very appreciative I watch closely.  But unless they are in eminent danger or expressly ask for assistance I don't offer......

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
Pax SeaArk

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2015, 12:28:28 PM »

Yup after dealing with some folks that were not very appreciative I watch closely.  But unless they are in eminent danger or expressly ask for assistance I don't offer......
same for me.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home