September 18, 2019, 10:23:05 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prospecting 7/5  (Read 5609 times)
crab#24

Ignore
« on: July 05, 2015, 06:44:04 PM »

Finally almost filled a bushel today. Can't figure out how to shrink picture so I know the rule, if I don't post pic I didn't catch em. I must be stupid my 12 year old is going to help me later. Water was 75 degrees, Crabs were 10-12' off ledge, caught 45,most were large, Rays were brutal. Saw 2 guys with bows trying to shoot em,high tide was 9am but it never dropped off, quit at 10(didn't want to get stuck in holiday traffic) crabs were full and lots of mustard, just finished em, ready for daytona race. Kids pulled every trap(30 topless with my famous garlic CN's.Back home by 11:30. Will post later. Put a T-top on my skiff,what a difference. Hope they make it north this year(GP,Busch) Did enjoy  discount on the bridge, hope Hogan beats his cancer.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:04:34 PM by Seanile » Logged
Harford Crabber
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 07:09:05 PM »

Here here on Hogan beating the cancer!!  God bless him for lowering the tolls.  I suspect the liberal legislature and B-more TV media will roast him for doing it as soon as they figure an angle.  A republican in Annapolis is about as common as crabs in the Bush river in June. (few and far between)  Hope he gets well soon and doesn't burn out while putting up with those nuts that somehow keep getting re-elected.
crab#24

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 07:13:27 PM »

Roger that,have you tried busch yet, think I may try mouth of GP in 2 weeks,did OK last year out in the channel 10-13".
riverpop
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 07:39:29 PM »

Thanks for the report, happy to see you had a good day- ready for the race myself and typing, congrats.

riverpop (gary B.)
crab#24

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 07:45:08 PM »

Looks like its raining there?

Harford Crabber
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 08:11:30 PM »

Roger that,have you tried busch yet, think I may try mouth of GP in 2 weeks,did OK last year out in the channel 10-13".
Haven't tried Bush yet.  For number that we're catching below bay bridge didnt figure it was worth trying the Bush or GP til August.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 10:12:08 PM »

WTG good job

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Ron
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 11:17:53 PM »

Please remember to put the date in the subject line of your reports.

Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 26 & 27th, 2020
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 12:30:49 AM »

Nice report. Gotta love that good yellow mustard  thumbsup

I wish i was a crab.
jokingypsy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 11:24:05 AM »

Any chance you share the secret recipe for prepping your bait? ive been considering using a combo of salting and garlic.

Adam

crab#24

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 02:42:50 PM »

I use chopped garlic in a jar. I split my 40lb box of necks into 40 each,2 spoonfuls per bag. I've used other marinade's like Italian dressing,pickle juice. I don't even know if it makes a difference but the way crabbings been I pulled out all the stops! 3 years ago I never even thought about it. Does a crab even have a nose? Sad Shocked Huh Roll Eyes
Pacer

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 08:21:12 AM »

Glad you guys are enjoying the cheaper tolls on the bridges.  Meanwhile, to make up for the shortfall the cheaper tolls created, "Scary" Hogan raised the commuter bus fairs on all Maryland public transportation.  Now my commuter bus trip costs me $200 a month, it was $130.  Yeah.....thanks Hogan.   Angry
Ravenboy2001

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 10:57:08 AM »

Glad you guys are enjoying the cheaper tolls on the bridges.  Meanwhile, to make up for the shortfall the cheaper tolls created, "Scary" Hogan raised the commuter bus fairs on all Maryland public transportation.  Now my commuter bus trip costs me $200 a month, it was $130.  Yeah.....thanks Hogan.   Angry

I know the mods don't like political debates here, but Hogan did NOT raise the MARC rates.  MARC had already set the rate increase to coincide with the gas tax increase (an O'Malley bill that Hogan hasn't overturned just yet). In fact, the 2013 O'Malley gas tax law required MARC to raise their rates.   Just thought you need to know who to blame.   Cool 

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 11:00:46 AM by Ravenboy2001 » Logged
Pacer

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 12:24:37 PM »

Sorry, I don't ride the MARC.  Cant stand Scary Hogan any way you look at it.
double E

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 12:25:47 PM »

Raven you are absolutly correct, I take a commuter bus and what you said was sent out to all commuters via email from MTA before the increase. It was a law passed by the OWEmally office.

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 02:09:29 PM »

Sorry, I don't ride the MARC.  Cant stand Scary Hogan any way you look at it.

glad you weren't in the majority of voters this past election.  we didn't need another Owe'Malley.  Hogan is doing a great job so far.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
crab#24

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 02:43:05 PM »

The Reps don't raise taxes as much as the left,but they are all corrupt! Erlich raised the boat registration when he was in. The Republican are a little slicker, they get their revenue from fee's. It's their taxing!
Pacer

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 03:50:33 PM »

glad you weren't in the majority of voters this past election.  we didn't need another Owe'Malley.  Hogan is doing a great job so far.

Not a fan of O'Malley either.  But there is no way I would ever bring myself to vote for a repuke.
crab#24

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 04:31:20 PM »

I've been a union electrician for 30 years so I'm registered as a democrat.my wife is a republican and all she watches is Fox news. I'm really a moderate independent but I think they should get rid of everybody on both sides. The corruption is equal on both sides. It's all about ego,power and greed. John Boner(boenher) is the first one I would toss
crab#24

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 04:36:51 PM »

I heard yesterday that there's a new initiative to clean up the bay. That's one good thing about the EPA and dems. I just got finished hooking the boat up. I'm heading to KN. I'll in a red 18' Carolina skiff with a red T-top,stop by and say hello if anyones going tomorrow.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home