August 18, 2018, 01:50:41 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [dang] shame.  (Read 2052 times)
markotto

Ignore
« on: July 07, 2015, 11:46:16 PM »

[dang] shame there are so few folks who post on this forum.  Not only are crabs absolutely delicious, but crabbING is such a fun, family event that I think it's a shame more people don't do it.  Of course, I am guilty myself.  When I lived in NJ why wife (then girlfriend/fiance) used to crab many times.  Since moving to NC 9 years ago hardly ever.  Three boys, but so few areas to crab.  Would be different if we had a boat, but we don't.  Struggle greatly to find a bridge, overpass, creek, etc.  Never thought it would be more difficult here than NJ.    never.  Anyhow, wish more crab lovers would post the where's and reports.  My kids are growing up fast and they should know the joy of crabbing.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 09:06:51 PM »

Wishing you the best , hope you find some good spots to crab

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
tbishop

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 01:57:01 AM »

I 100% agree see my recent Va report...Catching Jimmies live(s) matters!
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 01:43:58 PM »

It's not that no one crabs, in fact lots of people do....but only maybe 1% ever post where (from a rec that is) I do it commercially, while I do off n on (more off) post where, I don't nor ever will post my exact location....big mouths sink ships. BUT to make it a actually post about where. There is plenty of parks (some free) along our vast coasts inland rivers and creeks. IE; using chicken necks at Havens Gardens in Washington NC (free except license and necks). Goose Creek lower n upper. Bell Island Pier (swanquarter) Old 99n bridge in Belhaven, Lake Mattmuskeet, the boat access area (wauppoppin Canal ) Engelhard, Wades Point off the rocks ..Pamlico Beach There is long lists of places, do a google map of the areas and write down the info and check into them. The places I mentioned do NOT require a boat, just necks, string (or trap) a dip net and the motivation to get there O' dark 30, crabs generally feed hard from wee hours of morn until about 10ish. Also you'll need to call the office for Goose Creek on the north side about fishing crabbing restrictions as well. There is a lot of other areas, I only mention sorta my locale. Good Luck Smiley

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home