August 17, 2018, 04:31:05 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keeping crabs in fridge  (Read 1532 times)
siowner00

The Land of Pleasent Living, MD that is!!!!

Ignore
« on: July 28, 2015, 12:27:01 PM »

I know storing crabs in the fridge has been discussed on here numerous times and I have stored crabs in my beer fridge through out the past couple of years but the other night i had an idea that might help increase storage time with minimizing the dead loss.

My wife and I are in the process of getting my little girls room ready for her arrival in October. The other night we were going through some stuff in storage that we used when my son was born and we came across the humidifier we used in his room when he was a baby. The brand of humidifier is called the Curve cool mist and it is tear drop shaped which has about a 3/4" round  discharge on it. For some reason the thought popped into my head that if i took some 3/4" tubing and connected it to the humidifier i could pipe it into my fridge. The fridge i would use is my beer fridge is a small fridge with no freezer up top and can easily three bushel baskets stacked in it. I would drill a hole in the top and epoxy a hose nipple in to the hole from witch I would attach the humidifier to.  My train of thought is that this would supply moisture to the fridge and air helping extend the storage time. Just wanted to get some ideas if this is even worth the little bit of time it would take to do it.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:47:54 PM by siowner00 » Logged
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 12:28:56 PM »

let us know how it turns out

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print