May 26, 2018, 05:43:02 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Up and runnin  (Read 2393 times)
rdbeard

Ignore
« on: July 29, 2015, 10:53:14 AM »

For the last 3 years i have seen no really good double run which is where i get my peeler to slough but this year im see allot so this week i had my son clean the whole system after sittin idle for 3 years not covered. Last eveening we hauled 170 gallons of creek water and fired it up. As of last night it was runnin smooth with about 15 mosly male peelers my son has caught just walkin the shoreline after dark. Full moon just about on and i will trotline this weekend and keep the ripe peelers since most last week were green and released. My systm is 1 4x8 fiberglass tank with a 55 gallon plastic barrel under the tank 1/2 full of oyster shell and a B&G quantek pump to run it all around. In the past i haved sloughed 6 doz a week for a short period of time depending on how long the doubler run lasts.
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:00:57 AM »

Red,
Haven't seen any doublers this week at all. Haven't looked for green males though. Have some ridX handy, when that tank starts to fill up with crabs, it's gonna out of wack quick. Might lose a lot mid slough.

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 11:20:03 AM »

Throw some minnows in there in the mean time to prime the tank

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 11:22:49 AM »

Well if i see no doublers this week i won't run it long, maybe anouther week and the 15 peelers that are in there should season it somewhat. I have never used rid x but heard it works well. Last week i saw the doublers out front and it looked promising but my son is telling me the creek is crazy with crabs this week, maybe they moved in.
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 11:26:15 AM »

yea minnows or i was thinking a small catfish behind my divider.

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 11:29:18 AM »

I don't know about that, not hearing very good reports from your area. Really slowed down this week, but hopefully will pick back up for you.

in·teg·ri·ty   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home