February 24, 2018, 11:11:38 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disturbing News Report  (Read 5091 times)
lreops
Lifetime Member

Before my Hair Implants

Ignore
« on: July 29, 2015, 04:39:18 PM »

Just saw this on the news. If they can dump them, then why don't they sell them cheaper. Supposedly they were dumped by a near crab house. And by reports, the whole pile was moving.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/pasadena-man-discovers-live-crabs-dumped-in-landfill/34426258

Ron

Ron

Always looking to learn
Always looking to share
Always looking for fun
Scap Capt.

Night Scapper

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 05:04:21 PM »

I witnessed this type of thing years ago in Chrisfield. I was on a jobsite and I walked by a dumpster in a school parking lot and actually heard them.  I flipped the lid and it was almost full to the top with live papershells of all sizes.  Made me sick to my stomach.  Someone in the area told me there was no profit to be made so the picking houses just dump them.

Quality over Quantity
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 05:24:19 PM »

That is ashame hate  ,hear stuff like that

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 06:01:30 PM »

I saw the video, didn't see anything moving. Take every report with a grain of salt. Like the one business man said, you can't make money dumping live crabs.
lreops
Lifetime Member

Before my Hair Implants

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 07:48:23 PM »

And how many hours, in 90º hot sun, was it before the film crew got there to shot that video would be the next question, I guess Huh First hand account said there was movement. They also stated (the landfill) that just under one ton was dumped. who keeps that many dead in this weather Huh Huh

Ron

Ron

Always looking to learn
Always looking to share
Always looking for fun

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 08:52:38 PM »

I saw the video, didn't see anything moving. Take every report with a grain of salt. Like the one business man said, you can't make money dumping live crabs.

Mikie, I think they were still pics you saw in that video......come on man! 😂

I want those baskets!!!

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 09:22:25 PM »

OK, some guy dumped two pick-up truck loads of live crabs in the dump, if that's what you really want to believe. SO WHAT? He paid for them, he owned them, he paid the tipping fee to dump them. Now what do you want to talk about? How about all of the food the Supermarkets dump everyday? How about you can't believe everything that's presented on the News. Before I retired I was involved in quite a few incidents that made the local news - I can tell you from first hand experience that 90% of the info that was presented as fact was WRONG. Carry on with the next crusade.

P.S. Most live crab operations will hold their dead loss in the walk-in until they have enough to warrant loading them in trucks and hauling them to the dump. Keeps the stink down if they're refrigerated.
doomdealer

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 09:59:50 PM »

I witnessed this type of thing years ago in Chrisfield. I was on a jobsite and I walked by a dumpster in a school parking lot and actually heard them.  I flipped the lid and it was almost full to the top with live papershells of all sizes.  Made me sick to my stomach.  Someone in the area told me there was no profit to be made so the picking houses just dump them.

I've got no dog in this fight, because I mostly have to pay for them.  Sell them as lights, or grind 'em up for fertilizer, or something.  Papershells suck, but [Sam Hill], I'd pay something for them, instead of having them s***canned.
chef

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 10:03:34 AM »

What a waste. If they were live crabs the a**hole should have driven them to the nearest shore access and
dumped them there. There's probably a few hundred places to do so in Anne Arundel county. If I saw someone
dumping live crabs in front of me at the dump I'd have more than a few words with them.

Its legal to throw something away that youve paid for, but just because something is legal doesn't make it
right.

Its also legal to burn the US flag.  Angry

In search of the elusive Mirelurk
capt. ron
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 10:54:11 AM »

I read all the comments and everyone has a good point.  Anywhere from its mine and I'll do whatever I want with them to putting them back into the water (which he would probably be cited for illegal dumping without a permit). To making fertilizer out of them (maybe a new business Huh)

Who wants to eat a crab that was dead before it was cooked >:(yuck), law suit.

It happens, especially in this heat.  Then the big question is what do you do with dead crabs?

I hate the media.  They only tell one side of the story.  Theirs.   They dramatize it as to get your attention.  Gee who would watch a boring news report.

Here is your weatherman John Smith with todays weather.
"Hello everyone todays weather was hot and humid.  Put a rubber stamp on it for tomorrow.  Back to you Dave".  Accurate but boring.

Ronnie

laissez les bon temps rouler
let the good times roll

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 12:55:04 PM »

I read all the comments and everyone has a good point.  Anywhere from its mine and I'll do whatever I want with them to putting them back into the water (which he would probably be cited for illegal dumping without a permit). To making fertilizer out of them (maybe a new business Huh)

Who wants to eat a crab that was dead before it was cooked >:(yuck), law suit.

It happens, especially in this heat.  Then the big question is what do you do with dead crabs?

I hate the media.  They only tell one side of the story.  Theirs.   They dramatize it as to get your attention.  Gee who would watch a boring news report.

Here is your weatherman John Smith with todays weather.
"Hello everyone todays weather was hot and humid.  Put a rubber stamp on it for tomorrow.  Back to you Dave".  Accurate but boring.

Ronnie

Also Ronnie, where did they even come from and how long have they been out of the water?  Where they shipped in?  Local?  The other point is you can not put a crab that has been refrigerated back into the water.  Guaranteed death.  I have never met a business man that was willing to throw away his profit.  If they could have been sold, they would have been sold.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
capt. ron
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 01:11:40 PM »

exactly

let the good times roll
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 01:13:51 PM »

exactly

the media blows everything in their agenda up but keeps things quiet if it isn't in their agenda.  You could watch that same story on 5 different news casts and everyone would have a different slant

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
capt. ron
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 01:28:24 PM »

If you listen closely to a reporter, especially one who is on the scene, they will repeat themselves 2 or 3 times.  Almost as bad as a politician. laugh laugh  Talking just to hear themselves talk. Angry Angry

Ronnie

let the good times roll
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 01:34:01 PM »

If you listen closely to a reporter, especially one who is on the scene, they will repeat themselves 2 or 3 times.  Almost as bad as a politician. laugh laugh  Talking just to hear themselves talk. Angry Angry

Ronnie

AGREED! and most times reading from an index card filing air time

capt. ron
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 01:37:36 PM »

Filling air time.  Why does a weather forecaster take 10 minutes to report the weather when they are wrong 50% of the time? Roll Eyes laugh

Ronnie

I guess I'm a little off the subject.

Throw those darn crabs away. laugh laugh laugh

let the good times roll
lostrap

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 02:38:29 PM »

Filling air time.  Why does a weather forecaster take 10 minutes to report the weather when they are wrong 50% of the time? Roll Eyes laugh

Ronnie

I guess I'm a little off the subject.

Throw those darn crabs away. laugh laugh laugh
\AS for the weather forecaster why take another 10 Min to give a traffic report if there are no problems on the roads,     Or what is the difference with   Partly Sunny and Partly Cloudy Some sun some clouds,

capt. ron
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 03:31:24 PM »

WE can make this a topic of its own. laugh laugh laugh

let the good times roll
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2015, 07:12:15 AM »

WE can make this a topic of its own. laugh laugh laugh
Yes we can and i will start. Last week it was the bow fishing tounement about the cownose rays and the news reporters in md of coure would only give 1 side of the story of the brutal killing and how they were beaten and then drowned what a bunch of bull. No info about how destuctive rays are in the bay or the crabs claams and oysterseaten and how the y hav no natural preditors or the over population. if we could just find a market for them then comm could kill them till their all gone according to some.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home