September 24, 2020, 10:52:31 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8/2 South of BB to the Right.  (Read 2408 times)
thee_crichson

Ignore
« on: August 04, 2015, 11:29:52 AM »

Made a run to my latest spot, but someone beat me to it. Started a 1200', CN lay in 10-14 ft, and came up short. Two runs, 2 crabs. Moved into shallow water and boom. Steady picking for about two hours with each run averaging about 4 nice keepers. Plenty of just unders for September  Smiley, and a good number of sallies for the future. Ended with 54 rustys for din din. Mom mom finally got to enjoy her some steamed crabs from sonny boy.
Rcr29kh1

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 11:39:48 AM »

Thats crazy.  I was out Sunday on western shore  Lips Sealed and went over the line 5 times (that's about 1000 baits going by) and dipped 2 crabs that were both throw backs.  Was in 6-8 feet.  Moved line across river set back up in 6-8 and ran line 3 more times with only two keepers.  I noticed a guy crabbing not too far from us and I could tell from the GPS on fish finder that he was in around 2-4 foot.  We watched him as he began to run down the line and we saw him dip about 10 times.  I said that we were too deep and needed to move to shallower water.  Moved line like 150 feet parallel to where we were and it was on.  Caught almost two bushel in three hours.  Crabs are like women, never understand them
thee_crichson

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 01:40:40 PM »

Thats crazy.  I was out Sunday on western shore  Lips Sealed and went over the line 5 times (that's about 1000 baits going by) and dipped 2 crabs that were both throw backs.  Was in 6-8 feet.  Moved line across river set back up in 6-8 and ran line 3 more times with only two keepers.  I noticed a guy crabbing not too far from us and I could tell from the GPS on fish finder that he was in around 2-4 foot.  We watched him as he began to run down the line and we saw him dip about 10 times.  I said that we were too deep and needed to move to shallower water.  Moved line like 150 feet parallel to where we were and it was on.  Caught almost two bushel in three hours.  Crabs are like women, never understand them

I'm pretty sure the early morning clouds contributed to the shallow crabs. Because as soon as the sun was high they shut off. Of course by then I reached my quota for the day.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 04:43:01 PM »

nice catch

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
fwalter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 05:28:27 AM »

Were you in White Hall Bay?