October 20, 2019, 09:48:16 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 16 in point to point. 4lb. Crab On FB  (Read 12311 times)
Barbarella

Any day is a crabbing day

Ignore
« on: August 20, 2015, 09:20:35 AM »

i never go on that site, but someone sent me a link stating they caught a 16" 4 lb crab complete with a pic under  the Sandy Hook Bridge. The point is people believed it!!  How could this even possibly be true?
Any one know what the record is for NJ? 
salt hay

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 09:55:36 AM »

hoax....its the same picture of the guy from Fl. holding the oversized crab.  Been discussed on main forum here a few times.
Barbarella

Any day is a crabbing day

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 10:10:13 AM »

Any self respecting crabber would know that . But as I have learned, people on FB have nothing else to do and post the most unimportant stuff...  Did not see remarks on this or forum. Thanks. 
The Crab King

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 11:40:08 AM »

According to the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection’s Division of Fish and Wildlife, a new state record blue crab was caught off Brick, Ocean County on May 21, 2006. Martin Winnicki, also of Brick, caught an 8˝-inch blue crab that ties the current state record caught off Manahawkin in 1995. Both of these records remain ˝-inch shy of the historic record taken from Delaware Bay in 1980.

Winnicki was crabbing off Mantoloking Road when he pulled up the monster crab. Bunker served for bait.
lostrap

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 01:03:39 PM »

According to the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection’s Division of Fish and Wildlife, a new state record blue crab was caught off Brick, Ocean County on May 21, 2006. Martin Winnicki, also of Brick, caught an 8˝-inch blue crab that ties the current state record caught off Manahawkin in 1995. Both of these records remain ˝-inch shy of the historic record taken from Delaware Bay in 1980.

Winnicki was crabbing off Mantoloking Road when he pulled up the monster crab. Bunker served for bait.

The NJ record keeping was discontinued about that time I was told,  So who Huh this forum has a subject on The Biggest Crab Contest look it up  Wink Wink 
Also there is no Sandy Hook Bridge per-say but there is The High Lands Bridge to Sandy Hook

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 01:06:41 PM by lostrap » Logged

Arbutis

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 04:55:50 PM »

We should have a yearly 'Biggest Crab Contest' for the people on this site.  Someone should set it up.  Anyone who wants in should pony up an entry fee - maybe on PayPal - of like $10 which has to be in before the first bites start - say before the end of March.  Someone should outline the 'exact' way an official measurement photo should be taken - and there ya go.  Prizes for 1st and 2nd and 3rd??  That might be fun.  Any thoughts?
(Sorry if this is already a thing - I just didn't know about it)
Seanile
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

WHEN THE CHICKEN NECK DROPS, THE BS STOPS

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 07:04:02 PM »

We do:

http://www.bluecrab.info/forum/index.php?topic=75317.0

~ Bruce ~

If a man speaks at sea, where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?
riverpop

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 09:32:22 PM »

Yeah crab was B.S. 
Many Active Members of the BCA attend the kick-off in Woodstown First Saturday in March, The Assault On Patcong Creek- Saturday after Fathers Day in June, And The Wye Party In Easton Maryland, usually the third weekend in September. There is a signup for the largest crab of the year in Woodstown or through the site... There are also several times a year where many crabbers will meet on 1 Specific River to crab side by side, like this years Shrews-a-Palooza...

As far as the State Record for New Jersey- many of us on the site are satisfied with Kevin The Scap. Capt. monster of 8 15/16th.

You need to access Party Central and Dockside Talk to get a real feel for the people on the site

Happy Crabbing- Gary

riverpop (gary B.)
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 12:01:31 AM »

WELL SAID

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

Pages: [1]   Go Up