February 20, 2018, 10:35:32 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CRABHAWK 8/24/2015  (Read 2015 times)
lostrap

Ignore
« on: August 24, 2015, 05:12:47 PM »

When exploring was to to keep My Grand Sons Amused and Active I searched The Snare Trap, Look OK but saw one in action  Undecided Tangles to undo  Angry And then Came across The CRAB HAWK a west coast Idea,  Roll Eyes  But still wondering if $20. each is a waist, But just may jump in a order one, Just to see the looks on people around me when they see it,  Shocked  
I read the whole description about it but still can not figure out the mechanics of it tho seems simple,   It is not for the Guys with 500 traps 2 Miles of rigged Lines,  But for the guy that has to have latest Gadget, and $20. to spend  Wink  
And yes I may just order one  Roll Eyes,    
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 06:21:51 PM by Ron, Reason: Removed advertisement. » Logged
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 05:33:12 PM »

West coast thing, and may be only legal on the west coast. Not sure where your hailing from or where your crabbing, but make sure it's legal to use. I'm pretty sure it is not legal here in Md.

With that said, if it is indeed legal where you crab, I'm curious as to your results with it. Please post Em up if you decide to purchase and use it.

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 05:40:03 PM »

This has been discussed many times before . a pice of junk

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 05:55:53 PM »

....that pic looks like perfectionists ring traps, except there would be a bushel in it on one pull instead of just two crabs.

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
Ron
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 06:20:55 PM »

This has been discussed many times before . a pice of junk

Agreed.   Junk.

9th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 22-23, 2018
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek

lostrap

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 06:42:50 PM »

Agreed.   Junk.

That Ends That,  Lips Sealed   The Ron Has Spoken  Wink Smiley
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 06:55:53 PM »

....that pic looks like perfectionists ring traps, except there would be a bushel in it on one pull instead of just two crabs.
laugh laugh Do you believe in magic?

It's junk. Some other guys were discussing this a while back. They were saying it wasn't worth a s&*^. Try some rings or box traps instead.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 06:57:32 PM by crabbywaters » Logged

I wish i was a crab.
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 08:01:36 PM »

Pretty sure it's spring loaded/activated which makes it illegal in Maryland. The whole selling point is that you can cast it with a fishing rod and cover a greater area. Of course, you would need a rod for each trap, not sure how practical that is.
lostrap

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 09:36:17 PM »

laugh laugh Do you believe in magic?

It's junk. Some other guys were discussing this a while back. They were saying it wasn't worth a s&*^. Try some rings or box traps instead.

Here lies the problem Opinions and Discussions but No actual report on anyone trying it, Seems it works in Oregon,  Illegal in Maryland, Absent in New Jersey, Where everything is Legal unless you pay the Tax on it Grin But Dynamite Crabbing in NJ is a No No, since Fire Works are Banned,
Who has actually used one for Blue Crabs,    
As The Crab Snare is popular in some circles, This May be Fun,

OK had to modify this post just watched a few Videos  on YouTube they Caught me it will definitely be a Fun thing for my grand son,   will have to order ( ONE )    

Had to re-modify just ordered ONE on Amazon  EST Delivery 8/31 Trial run on  9/1  Undecided  what the heck, its only $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Wink
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:43:42 PM by lostrap » Logged
arti0972
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 11:17:08 PM »

Why not??? If just for amusement purposes with the grandson hanging out at a small pier. To me, I'd think that'll be $20 well spent.

lostrap

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 07:21:28 AM »

Why not??? If just for amusement purposes with the grandson hanging out at a small pier. To me, I'd think that'll be $20 well spent.

Precisely my Point I have no visions of filling a Bushel of Crabs with it, He and his brother enjoy the Catching part of Fishing.  And then to Give them away to who ever is there.   And as far as The Trap goes its a West coast thing used mainly for Rock Crab and Dungeness  Crabs, Now to rig a old Boat pole for them to use,  Amazon was Cheaper buy a few bucks  Tongue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home