September 17, 2019, 12:29:24 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: they're selling them off the roadside  (Read 4444 times)
crabologist
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2006, 06:55:16 PM »

we are catching peelers now and shedding. so you cant catch hard crabs right now and the females are sponging. you are eating my 7 and 8 inch soft females now. give it a month are 2 and you will be eating my big number ones.
I'll have to disagree with you on that one . In another 2 months we'll be eating the best crabs in the world !! From the Chesapeake Bay  , Baby !!

Live To Crab And Crab To Live !!!!
Geckert

John Martin Linde Jr.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2006, 06:58:51 PM »

Low country say where abouts? Because I still hold a SC license (#G98)and those whiteys are not that much to be proud of.

I now have a list.
kimsmm

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 07:00:13 PM »

once they start mating you wont be eating no chespeake crabs.
crabologist
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2006, 07:03:02 PM »

O.K. , if you say so .............................. Grin

Live To Crab And Crab To Live !!!!
long green crabber
In Memoriam 12/2011
Lifetime Member

crabbin` cruiser

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2006, 07:38:19 PM »

whatever.   lgc

ran_c

got crabs?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 07:57:14 PM »

also at 5".....that not a #1.......5 1/2 " is a #1 ....you got raped  Undecided

we cull 6 3/8" #1's here in louisiana...sometimes when they are really running 6 3/4

if love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
JIMMYCRAB

GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006, 08:08:55 PM »

AMAZING!!! 13 posts, and already knows it all.  You gettin' this K.C.Huh?  I think we have a new candidate for "PINHEAD OF THE YEAR"  --- By the way  we call 80 to the bu. # 2s  ...try 50!!!--JC
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 08:17:43 PM by JIMMYCRAB » Logged

Smoked carp tastes just as good as smoked salmon .....when you don't have any smoked salmon.
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2006, 08:10:45 PM »

AMAZING!!! 13 posts, and already knows it all.  You gettin' this K.C.Huh?I think we have a new candidate for "PINHEAD OF THE YEAR"  --- By the way  we call 80 to the bu. # 2s  ...try 50!!!--JC
Got him in me crosshairs Jimmy  Angry Angry Angry Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker
kimsmm

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2006, 08:13:51 PM »

you all are very defensive i was just saying the crabs i have got from 2 diffrent dealers have been very poor crabs. yea i didnt have time to post this winter because when you were sitting on you [arse] i was catching 40 bushels a day in this nice warm water.
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2006, 08:20:41 PM »

you all are very defensive i was just saying the crabs i have got from 2 diffrent dealers have been very poor crabs. yea i didnt have time to post this winter because when you were sitting on you [arse] i was catching 40 bushels a day in this nice warm water.
Yo K..ease up Bro... Cheesy if sittin on my [arse] means that I aint crabbin,you're right.. Wink Smiley but please dont imply that we are lazy and dont have a job like you where you are fortunate to have warm weather year round  Cheesy I bust my [arse] every day to feed my family like you do...only I have to endure cold weather as well as the humid summers  Wink consider yourself fortunate that you have warm weather year round ... Cheesy and stop being so defensive  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker

JIMMYCRAB

GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2006, 08:25:27 PM »

Maybe you should find a new dealer. Huh Huh You could probably find one here .....if you  ask nicely Grin Grin Grin   

Smoked carp tastes just as good as smoked salmon .....when you don't have any smoked salmon.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2006, 08:28:31 PM »

Wait till those mombos start running, NOTHING beats Maryland CRABS......

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Rock Run Crabber
In Memoriam 01/2013

Wood Boat Crabbing

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2006, 08:38:22 PM »

Port deposit is still there? I thought it got washed down river a while back there s

hould be crabs in peoples basements up there. shouldnt have to buy the/quote] Geckert can tell you are real familiar with MD all fresh water it's on the Susquahanna River Grin

"The Chesapeake does not impress those who know it best as the grandest or most of anything for all its size and gross statisticts, it is an intimate place where land and water intertwine in infinite varities of mood and pattern." William W. Warner "Beautiful Swimmers"
Geckert

John Martin Linde Jr.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2006, 10:57:39 PM »

I hear ya and I know that but it was funny [dangit]. I worked up there now and again and it seemed like every time I was there it was flooded thats all. Kiss

I now have a list.
CrabstaDude
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2006, 07:07:02 AM »

i just bought 7 bushels from maryland for my retail store in the south. If this is the best maryland has it is very sad. 3inch females 5 in #1s. over 150 to a bushel. Down here we get 80 in a bushel. you all think you are eating 7 or 8 inch crabs from the bay but they are really from the south.

with a quote like yours to a group of die-hard crabbers and then your follow-on comment on 'being so defensive'?? duh Huh.. how many years did it take you to reach dummy status?? how do you expect someone to react to your offensive comments?  like KC wrote, whereever you hang your hat you're lucky it's warmer year round unlike where we live.. BUT... WITHOUT A DOUBT when the blue crab start popping and the crabbers here start to roll, you don't have a chance in matching abundance, flavor and size of the Blue Claw... MD crabs are the best I've had.. so, chill out, learn from fellow crabbers and share your experiences but don't be a dic....
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 07:12:17 AM by CrabstaDude » Logged

procrabber

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2006, 07:37:06 AM »

bob

that's per dozen ( 13 crabs )

If they were $ 9 and $18 each - We'd all be crabbing 18 hours per day and no pot would be safe LMAO
I have paid $ 5 per crab for jumbo's

laugh laugh laugh laugh

those are 9$ a dozen for females that are under 5", maybe 5 1/2.  a 5" female is the same weight as a 4 1/2 inch male

even females over 5" cost 18 a dozen

procrabber

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2006, 07:47:53 AM »

i just bought 7 bushels from maryland for my retail store in the south. If this is the best maryland has it is very sad. 3inch females 5 in #1s. over 150 to a bushel. Down here we get 80 in a bushel. you all think you are eating 7 or 8 inch crabs from the bay but they are really from the south.

there are certainly not enough crabs coming from the bay right now to support export.  these crabs ARE MD crabs... from ocean city.  you might as well buy crabs from new jersey in that case.  80 crabs in a bushel??? they must be small  laugh laugh  buy yourself a few bushel of RIVER 1# and you will only get about 50-60 in a bushel.  I sold a bushel that weighed 41 pounds after docking for the basket and had only 46 crabs in it from the chester river once...  they were trotline crabs and averaged 7 1/2".  this is not every bushel but, not that rare up there.  be sure to ask which water the crabs come from, not which state. the northern MD bay has the biggest and second best tasting crabs, while southern chesapeake in MD (not necissarily in VA though) has the best tasting crabs, but they are a hair bit smaller.  i understand your pissed, but stay on the phone for a few minutes to ask a few other questions before spending 1000$ on crabs. 

R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2006, 11:46:57 AM »

And giving them away for 15to 20 dollors a bushel beadyeyes beadyeyes :veryangry:keeping the price beat down for the rest of us

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home