February 22, 2018, 11:50:37 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Delaware River near nuke plant/state line question.  (Read 2926 times)
fishnchip

Ignore
« on: August 31, 2015, 07:49:53 PM »

can anyone tell me if I'm safe traveling from the Salem River south on the Delaware in the section where Delaware's state line is the low tide mark on the Jersey side without a Delaware fishing license?  I was looking to launch in Salem and head south to a few creeks in Jersey below the nuke plant and wanted to see if I'd be ok on the ride home with my catch.  I'm all for avoiding additional unsolicited donations to the DNR.  Thanks in advance for your replies. 

Bill, aka Captain NoCrab
Fish-n-Chip - The Second Batch
'01 Proline 20Walk w/150 Merc.
Found around the Great Egg Bay/Longport/Patcong Creek.
rockinchef

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 10:09:15 PM »

Best thing to do is call and ask. I could be wrong but I believe it is where you return with your catch is what rules you have to follow. An example would be if you were fishing the bay for flounder and cross into delaware and keep a sixteen inch fish and return to jersey port it's still an illegal fish, hope this helps.
CaptMoose
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 05:09:29 AM »

I think you answered your own question.  Best to be legal in the waters where you are fishing/crabbing and not have to worry about it.  Good luck out there.  Crabbing has been good in the area.

Whoops, I didn't read closely enough.  If you are crabbing in NJ water & just need to get back to the ramp I think you'll be ok.  DE may patrol the waters to the NJ shore, but unless they find you crabbing there, I don't think you'll run into problems.

FYI, there is a free ramp at the end of Stow Neck Rd which will put you right in that area without the long boat ride...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 05:16:03 AM by CaptMoose » Logged

23' C Hawk
Skiff
Lifetime Member

The shanty

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 06:26:20 AM »

I think you answered your own question.  Best to be legal in the waters where you are fishing/crabbing and not have to worry about it.  Good luck out there.  Crabbing has been good in the area.

Whoops, I didn't read closely enough.  If you are crabbing in NJ water & just need to get back to the ramp I think you'll be ok.  DE may patrol the waters to the NJ shore, but unless they find you crabbing there, I don't think you'll run into problems.

FYI, there is a free ramp at the end of Stow Neck Rd which will put you right in that area without the long boat ride...
Mad horse Creek ramp  Great perch fishing in that area  and you can be out in the river in minutes   Just watch where you are  There is a lot of restricted waters due to the nuke plant  good luck

I think you will be alright  But  Had friends years ago go out tuna fishing  Ran right into a huge pod of bunker with stripers under them right at the inlet  Picked up a some  then head out to go tuna fishing  someone was watching  once they crossed the three mile line they got board  Just a warning was issued but it ruin a tuna trip
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 06:29:48 AM by Skiff » Logged

Beer... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems
fishnchip

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 11:17:08 AM »

Thanks for the replies.  I completely forgot about the ramp on the Mad Horse.  I hope the trailer isin't too long for the ramp.  I upgraded the trailer with the idea of a bigger boat.  I'll post on Friday with my results. 

Bill, aka Captain NoCrab
Fish-n-Chip - The Second Batch
'01 Proline 20Walk w/150 Merc.
Found around the Great Egg Bay/Longport/Patcong Creek.

Skiff
Lifetime Member

The shanty

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 01:10:43 PM »

Great ramp never had an issue  But that current does rip though there   Good luck

Beer... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems
Feddog82
Lifetime Member

C-Hawk 200CC - SALTATRIX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 04:17:23 PM »

Best thing to do is call and ask. I could be wrong but I believe it is where you return with your catch is what rules you have to follow. An example would be if you were fishing the bay for flounder and cross into delaware and keep a sixteen inch fish and return to jersey port it's still an illegal fish, hope this helps.

This is 100% incorrect.  Not being a jerk or internet police.  Just telling you what I know for a fact.

The crab was so big his claw cut my gas line in half and I had to swim back to the dock!
Capt. Frank
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 09:26:22 AM »

You're right. It is simply possession.  They do not care where you caught them. 

While in that state you have that law.  Makes no difference where you caught them.  Seriously.. everyone would say they caught them elsewhere. 

The law- simple possession in the state you are standing in. 

This is 100% incorrect.  Not being a jerk or internet police.  Just telling you what I know for a fact.

Capt. Frank
"HEAT SEEKER"
Chief Instructor
  NJBoatingCollege.Com
  (201) 716-2883 NJ Classes
  (212) 465-3992 NY Classes
  "We teach.  NOT just read to you."
Ron
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 02:21:10 PM »

I am sure Scap Capt. can shed some light on this.

9th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 22-23, 2018
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home