August 20, 2018, 11:47:58 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crab Life Histories  (Read 2304 times)
PhDP

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« on: April 10, 2006, 09:38:07 AM »

Hello,

I'm making a mathematical/theoretical study about brachyurans (true crabs) and crustaceans in general. I simply need informations on growth (size at age x) and the duration of the major stages (larval, juvenile, adult) for the greatest number of crab populations. The informations on this site about Callinectes sapidus' life history are very interesting, but not precise enough for my reseach and I wonder if you were aware of more precise studies (about this crab or any other true crab).

Thank you for your time
Stevo
Lifetime Member

It's all fun and games 'til someone gets steamed!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 10:23:30 AM »

Hello,

I'm making a mathematical/theoretical study about brachyurans (true crabs) and crustaceans in general. I simply need informations on growth (size at age x) and the duration of the major stages (larval, juvenile, adult) for the greatest number of crab populations. The informations on this site about Callinectes sapidus' life history are very interesting, but not precise enough for my reseach and I wonder if you were aware of more precise studies (about this crab or any other true crab).

Thank you for your time

Have you tried  the C.O.M.B. website? they have a drop down menu for educational resources. Hope this is helpful.

http://www.umbi.umd.edu/~comb/

This website is member-supported. Please help by becoming a Supporting Member today!
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 10:40:13 AM »

....when you find out, let us know. Smiley

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home