November 18, 2018, 07:53:31 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: looking to move to NC  (Read 1828 times)
Jazzcrazy5299

Ignore
« on: January 22, 2016, 11:02:42 PM »

well, some bad luck here in PA is leading my wife and I to decide to finally take the leap and move the family where we've always wanted to be, North Carolina!

This move won't take place for a couple years at least to make sure we can get all of our ducks in a row, so I thought I'd ask the locals about some information on a couple things to help us decide where exactly we want to be!

First off, we'd like to be near water and obviously water with crab...big crab...lots of them...

preferably kayak friendly to start until we can get a boat...

we'd like to be somewhere quiet, but still within a short drive of the necessities such as target and groceries...we like our privacy but living in the country now and being 30 minutes to anything is taking it's tole on our sanity...

we may have to rent to start, but that's not a big deal...suggested areas to look at and to avoid?

what do you residents have to say as far as pros and cons of being there?

any information you guys can give is greatly appreciated! I can always count on this group of people to give me honest answers...

ericm107

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 09:45:05 AM »

My sister-in-law and her hubby live in the sunset beach area right on a intercoastal waterway. Lots of crabs and oysters.
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 05:50:21 PM »

Anywhere in coastal Carolina is good, depends however if working or looking for jobs. But say if retired, Oriental, Beaufort, OBX (Duck to Ocracoke) Holden Beach, Ocean Isle, Sunset Beach (but leary of storms) are pretty good examples. 

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
Jazzcrazy5299

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 05:53:23 PM »

My wife is a graphic designer and works from home, I was an executive chef but I had to bag my career due to the health issues it was causing me...doctor's orders, so now I'm a stay at home dad. Once my son is old enough I'll be looking for something part time.

For now, we'll probably be renting.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home