May 26, 2018, 07:53:01 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not really report but update.  (Read 3755 times)
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« on: January 31, 2016, 06:53:00 PM »

Oyster season 2015/ winter 2016 slowly winding down, about ready to start dropping pots in 3 weeks, barring weather of course. So [dang] excited to get going. Oystering has been good to us, but it gets old quick.

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 12:10:38 PM »

WTG

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Scap Capt.

Night Scapper

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 04:59:30 PM »

Thanks for the update

Quality over Quantity
capt. ron
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 05:09:46 PM »

how was the oyster season?

laissez les bon temps rouler
let the good times roll
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 05:41:07 PM »

how was the oyster season?
Honestly, for the size boat and size dredge ( 4" 18 tooth) we use, since start of season to now we have averaged 11 bushels a day, limit is 15. That said, last week was a sign of things to come, a end. We could move on to Wanchese, but by the time we pulled boat up, and looked for oysters it would be about time to come back and crab. So we'll grind it out for 2 weeks until we get pots dipped before we set.
NC's oyster program is pure [curd]. Really need to replant, and close it ALL for least 2 years. The bays need to remain closed for 5. Also, need to limit boats. If you didn't land oysters in 2013/14 thru now, you wont be able to. I know that is harsh for some, but there has been guys pulling out the worst junk to oyster with, people who normally just crab or fish nets.....I suppose with the new flounder rules people gotta do what they gotta.

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!

redhanded

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 03:16:19 AM »

How big is a 4'' 18 tooth dredge.  In Maryland we are allowed up to a 42'' wide tooth bar.
How much are you getting for a bushel?  we are mostly getting $40
Are you running a mast & boom or a stump rig?
I sent you a email about a winder?
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 05:44:37 PM »

How big is a 4'' 18 tooth dredge.  In Maryland we are allowed up to a 42'' wide tooth bar.
How much are you getting for a bushel?  we are mostly getting $40
Are you running a mast & boom or a stump rig?
I sent you a email about a winder?
roughly 4'+ and it's a hydraulic stump rig, table for it was off a 24' privateer, we have a 23 sea ox, table is full width and heavy as [Sam Hill]. Got us thru 2 years, but next...if there is a oyster season, we plan on scrapping the full length table and just making a kicker for the mast. This is 2016, can you believe there is guys still using belt drives?
We get $42 for ours, and on a 15 bushel limit that isn't too bad, we burn about $20-30 in gas a day. Oh thanks for email, I replied but if you see this first, pics would be great and a price Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home