October 22, 2018, 08:53:19 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A good start to a National CCP!  (Read 5035 times)
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« on: February 26, 2016, 04:24:28 PM »

Richmond VA – Delegate Michael Webert (R-18 District) is excited to announce that his legislation, House Bill 1163 has been signed into law by Governor Terry McAuliffe. HB1163 facilitates the reciprocity of concealed carry agreements by ensuring that an individual who is 21 years of age, and possesses a valid concealed carry permit from any state is allowed to carry a concealed firearm in Virginia.

http://www.michael-webert.com/delegate_michael_webert_s_concealed_carry_reciprocity_bill_hb1163_signed_into_law

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
Crab Nebula
Lifetime Member

Erfill

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 04:40:25 PM »

That's the way it should be in EVERY state!!!

Good job VA!!!!!!
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 07:11:04 PM »

I can't believe that Terry NcAuliffe signed it into law.  Shocked  For folks that don't know him-> "He served as Chairman of the Democratic National Committee, from 2001 to 2005, was co-chairman of President Bill Clinton's 1996 re-election campaign, and was chairman of Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign."

bassman349

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 12:55:42 PM »

I'm sure it didn't come for free. There were some other new laws included in that bill after a deal was struck between legislators and the anti gun Gov.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 05:35:25 PM »

I'm sure it didn't come for free. There were some other new laws included in that bill after a deal was struck between legislators and the anti gun Gov.
"McAuliffe (D) agreed to legislation that says the state must recognize concealed-handgun permits from nearly all states — a reversal of Attorney General Mark R. Herring’s decision last month to sever the reciprocity rights of gun owners in 25 states.

In exchange, Republicans softened their stances on issues that have long been non-starters in the GOP-controlled General Assembly. Under the deal, the state would take guns away from anyone who was under a two-year protective order for domestic-violence offenses. And State Police would have to attend all gun shows to provide background checks for private sellers if they requested the service."

Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 06:43:35 PM »

The problem I have with automatically taking guns from someone who may have a protective order issued against them is if it's strictly a "She/He said" type of situation. If someone has a grudge against you and can just walk in and have a protective order issued by a Judge without any opposing testimony, there go your guns. That type of situation is not acceptable to me.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 08:45:43 PM »

"It would require individuals subject to a permanent protective order to sell or transfer their guns within 24 hours of the judge’s order. State law currently prohibits the purchase or transport — but not possession — of guns by such individuals. "

I'm not sure how this would be enforced if its not voluntary.  The is no gun registration in VA.  Huh

Seanile
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

WHEN THE CHICKEN NECK DROPS, THE BS STOPS

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 11:02:48 PM »

The problem I have with automatically taking guns from someone who may have a protective order issued against them is if it's strictly a "She/He said" type of situation. If someone has a grudge against you and can just walk in and have a protective order issued by a Judge without any opposing testimony, there go your guns. That type of situation is not acceptable to me.

Not sure how PFAs are structured in other states, but in PA a temporary PFA can be issued (or denied) by a Judge upon application by the plaintiff, while scheduling a mandatory hearing within 10 days to determine if it will become permanent. At that hearing, the defendant may offer testimony that will allow the Judge to rule based on the evidence presented. Weapons confiscation is not automatic, in either the temporary or permanent order. Many are "no contact" orders only.

~ Bruce ~

If a man speaks at sea, where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2016, 11:03:39 PM »

There is no gun registration in Maryland either. Here's a little personal story for you. I purchased a certain pistol back around 1969 from a gun shop in northern Baltimore County (the store is still in business today). 1969 - No computers, no hysterical BS about guns like there is today, just the normal paper ATF Forms. Fast forward to 1996. I had an incident in my family where items were removed from my parents home (Baltimore County) and I had to go to the Balto. Co. Police property room in Towson to reclaim those items. While the Sgt. at the property room desk was processing the items I was reclaiming at his computer, he asks me if I still have that nice little pistol I purchased back in 1969 from such and such gun shop! I just gave him a look of disbelief and ignored the question. Now, you don't think they have records of who has what, when it comes to guns? Remember, this purchase was way before they had computerized systems and the gun shop is still in business under the same name. No reason for any of their records to have been placed with the local Police. I'm sure this isn't legal, but I wouldn't know who to inform.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 09:31:00 AM »

Duffy's   Grin

jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 08:37:17 PM »

We need 100.000 signatures NOW> https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/national-reciprocity-nations-17-million-concealed-handgun-permit-holders

Please share this with any gun groups that you belong to.  Cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home