November 19, 2019, 04:44:03 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie with guestion  (Read 10043 times)
TikaBika

LUV MY POM

Ignore
« on: April 25, 2006, 03:27:10 PM »

Hello Everyone, I am new here and I must say that this place is great!!
I live in PA and I want to go crabbin, Point Pleasent NJ is the closest beach to me. My mother inlaw lives in Cape May, but I don't want to drive that far for just a day of crabbing. I have been searching for a place close to me but can't seem to find anything near PT Pleasent, I want to go somewhere nice where I can rent a boat and all the stuff I need for crabbing. Can anyone please help me out??

Thanx, Elissa

I'm Crabby
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 05:03:59 PM »

Welcome aboard Tiki, haven't crabbed in NJ in 7 years, and there isn't a whole lot to recommend. Theres a place by the Marine bridge at the Navasink River and you have the Seaside area, but I don't know what you will catch or be happy with, check the NJ posts. Cheesy Wink

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.
TikaBika

LUV MY POM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 05:08:35 PM »

Thank You for the reply, My hubby just informed me that it wouldn't be that far for us to go to the Chesapeake Bay in MD. Do you know of any places there? Thanks Tika

I'm Crabby
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 05:10:41 PM »

Certainly and would be more than happy to help you when they start to run. Look at the MD crabbing reports from last year and you will see some real crabs. Cheesy Wink Cool Cool Cool

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.
TikaBika

LUV MY POM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 05:13:30 PM »

Hey Joe, what do u mean by RUN, sorry, I'm new with this crabby talk.

I'm Crabby

Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 05:16:18 PM »

When the crabs are all over the place and it will be worth the trip for someone who is not as experienced as others on the river.  Wink And just so you know I live in Freehold and MD is the only place to go. Wink Cool Cool Cool

TikaBika

LUV MY POM

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 05:19:05 PM »

Where is freehold? I'm in Bethlehem PA, thanx for that info. Joe
BTW I am looking now in the MD posts and can't find anything yet for the Chesapeak Bay

I'm Crabby
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 05:21:05 PM »

I am sorry that's right thinking Pt. Pleasant it's about 20 miles east of Pt. Pleasant in NJ. Well it's 188 miles to where I go, you may be closer. laugh laugh

TikaBika

LUV MY POM

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 05:26:23 PM »

All I know is I am so confused about this. At first I was thinking we would be on a little bridge with a stick and a line and some bait. Now that I found this site, I want to rent a boat and everything we will need to catch as many as we can. But see, I don't know where to go.............. BUT I do know that I want to go within the next couple of weeks!!!

I'm Crabby
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 05:31:48 PM »

Well I go to the Wye, really not any piers or bridges, the boat place Schnaitmans is not opening until Mem Day. and they probably won't be close to the dock until July, but watch the reports you have a bunch of real troopers here. There are other locations that may better suit you, post this question on the MD crabbing reports. Other people would be better to answer it.  Wink Cool Cool Cool Cool

TikaBika

LUV MY POM

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 05:36:24 PM »

Thanks, I am talking to someone now from the forum that also goes to the wye, he or she is gonna give me some info on a place to rent a boat and stuff. Thanx for all the info!!!!

I'm Crabby
crabologist
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 06:04:46 PM »

There you go Joe . you've recruited another "Wye Invader" from across the line ...............  Welcome TikaBika !!! Grin Grin Grin

Live To Crab And Crab To Live !!!!
TikaBika

LUV MY POM

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 06:06:23 PM »

thank you Roll Eyes Grin

I'm Crabby
Geckert

John Martin Linde Jr.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 07:43:41 PM »

Hey I grew up in Point spent 24 years there and crabbed before I could walk. What would you like to know about it. There are many places to crab there walk in or otherwise. If you are looking for boat rental try belmar where all the head boats are that is the shark river and in that basin there is a boat rental place reasonably priced. Shark river is ok for crabs but you will have to back up in there a ways. In point ot the end of beaver dam rd there is a bridge that you cross if you cross it and make a left then another left in to the driveway they rent boats also but you will be on beaver dam creek.(if you go there you just passed my grandpaps sheetmetal shop on the left GF Eckert sheetmetal) go back under the bridge and back in the creek a ways and big ol jimmys there. I will be up that way sat and will make sure all is still in place so you dont go on a wild goose chase. Bmail me for more info if you need.

I now have a list.
HenPot
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 07:48:46 PM »

Thanks, I am talking to someone now from the forum that also goes to the wye, he or she is gonna give me some info on a place to rent a boat and stuff. Thanx for all the info!!!!

Joe, I Bmailed her about the Wye!  I wanted to cut down on my post total, don't wanna appear "important"   Grin   I didn't warn her about the guy doing the crab clap though!

Stevo
Lifetime Member

It's all fun and games 'til someone gets steamed!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 07:56:03 PM »

Man that was a waste of a post.  Grin  1600 Here I come. laugh laugh

Better be careful, you get too impotent, LGC will push those little blue pills your way!

This website is member-supported. Please help by becoming a Supporting Member today!
Stevo
Lifetime Member

It's all fun and games 'til someone gets steamed!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 07:59:32 PM »

Who do you think his dealer is.... Grin

KC don't call 'em pinheads fer nuttin'........ that's all he's got to show fer it! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

This website is member-supported. Please help by becoming a Supporting Member today!
TikaBika

LUV MY POM

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 07:59:52 PM »

Ok Guys, Need more help here. I am going to try out that place in Wye BUT for my first time I think I want to try something in NJ, Pt. Pleasant is close to me about 1 1/2 hours, can anyone tell me where I can go to rent a boat + everything we will need for crabbin?Huh Please Roll Eyes

Thanks a lot, Tika

I'm Crabby
HenPot
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 08:08:09 PM »

Ok Guys, Need more help here. I am going to try out that place in Wye BUT for my first time I think I want to try something in NJ, Pt. Pleasant is close to me about 1 1/2 hours, can anyone tell me where I can go to rent a boat + everything we will need for crabbin?Huh Please Roll Eyes

Thanks a lot, Tika

Sorry Tika, I can't help wih Jersey!
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 08:15:29 PM »

WELCOME TIKA, I know you will enjoy this site.

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home