February 19, 2018, 08:28:58 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for commercial crabbers in md  (Read 2303 times)
wyeman87

gotta get them mumbos

Ignore
« on: June 30, 2016, 08:25:02 AM »

Ok so maybe you guys Can sort this out I'm on the waiting list for commercial crabbing license and I'm going to be getting it soon so I call and ask the lady at dnr how much I will need to have my license and sell crabs she says 215 for harvester and 100 to sell them or something like that either way total 315 if pay if I got offered a license today but then less then a month I have to pay it all again in less then a month why am I paying Twice in one season I don't get it could someone break it down for me

NOTHING is better then being out on the water at the crack of dawn laying that trotline out then scoopin mumbos back to back
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 09:15:33 AM »

The licenses expire at the end of August. If they offer you the license right now and you take it you pay all of the fees and can start crabbing immediately, but it would only be good for July and August. Then you would have to renew it for next year and pay all of the fees again.
Kaleandsonsinc

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 01:26:54 PM »

If you don't pay the $100 to sell to the public are you allowed to sell to restaurants or dealers still? Is that what the $20 is for?
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 03:23:37 PM »

If you don't pay the $100 to sell to the public are you allowed to sell to restaurants or dealers still? Is that what the $20 is for?

You can sell to Dealers because they have to file reports on the crabs. If you sell to restaurants you're going to have to pay the money.
The $20 is a Marketing Surcharge which is the money DNR supposedly uses to promote Maryland Seafood, like when they set up a booth at
a Fair or some other event or produce an Ad.
Kaleandsonsinc

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 05:59:01 PM »

mikie- a dealer is considered someone with a comm lic that paid the $100 who sits on the side of the road and sells them or sells to a restaurants?

SlickCam

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 08:12:54 PM »

Gonna be more like $415 if you get the dealer add on. License fee, harvester fee, and dealer fee. That dealer add on at the discounted rate entitles you to sell YOUR own catch but an actual dealer license entitles you to buy and sell seafood from anyone. This requires a separate set of reports.
Crab U Later

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 07:39:27 AM »

315 sounds right if you put 100 down to get on the wait list. its 415 a year with the dealer add on
rusty hook

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 09:03:47 PM »

they always seem to come available right before you have to renew. your not the only one.
Crabmst
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 09:21:11 PM »

How long is the wait list at this point?
partime59

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 09:47:35 AM »

depends on which license you are after, the shortest wait is for the no female 50 pot lcc, probably 2-3 yrs, each step up in quantity adds 2-3 yrs

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home