November 13, 2019, 06:03:30 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dividing creek boat ramp  (Read 6394 times)
Maximus

I dont bite...hard...

Ignore
« on: May 01, 2006, 03:00:22 PM »

Does anyone know where there is a free boat ramp on dividing creek. The only one I know of you can only access during high tide.
Thanks
K

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
on the hook
Lifetime Member

Location: Central Pa/S Jersey till I can find some work somewhere

I love crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 04:29:40 PM »

Max, depends on what you nean by Dividing Creek? I think you are talking about the Turkey Pt. launch when you say only high tide. Where the new fancy wood bridge is? Anyway, go past Dividing Creek Boat Rentals/Down by the Creek on 553.Talking going towards Port Norris. Just past these, and the creek, on the right, maybe 1/4-1/2 mi, there is Hansey Creek Rd. Follow that to the end and you can launch free. It is accessable at low too. Least it always was during duck season. I know other places, but if I tell you, I'd hafta kill ya Grin The Turkey Pt. launch is on Johnsons Ditch.

I'm niether proud nor embarrassed, I'm a man....Sometimes I sh!t my pants.....It's part of the deal.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 07:46:51 PM »

thanks for the info, I usually go to dividing creek boat rentels to launch, at least I can save a few bucks now.

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Maximus

I dont bite...hard...

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 06:34:22 AM »

Thanks for the info. Yes I was talking about the ramp at TP where the old wooden bridge used to be. With gas prices the way they are I am trying to save a buck anywhere I can. Have you checked out the new bridge they built at TP? Its nice.

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
on the hook
Lifetime Member

I love crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 07:26:21 AM »

Yes I have. Forget if they rebuilt the tower there? I know they did one in wood, and "they" burnt it down! Some real good crabbing in TP area, but usually later in the year. There are probably hundreds of miles of creeks there, and all hold crabs.Probably not exagerrating on the miles. I can launch in Fortescue and go to Port Norris without ever going in the bay.Capt Williecrab can probably attest to this. Depending on your boat, you can launch at Maple Ave, where they crab off the road. We have backed down in the water there a short ways, and usually take the motor off, unload boat etc. I know about 10 places down "there" where you can free launch that way. Usually comes from duck season, and wanting to be "here"? Nother words, where theres a will, theres a way Grin

I'm niether proud nor embarrassed, I'm a man....Sometimes I sh!t my pants.....It's part of the deal.

Maximus

I dont bite...hard...

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 08:06:00 AM »

They rebuilt the tower and its all steel. I think the new bridge was mainly metal or metal frame too. I have a 19' CSkiff so I think it would be a little tough to launch from maple pond, but I never tried. I will definatly try the ramp you recomended off Hansey creek rd.

Do you ever crab with floats with collasable traps in DC. I talked the NJ authorities and they said I can use floats as long as: more than 50' wide, does not impeed traffic, use non commercial traps, non-floating string.
K

on the hook
Lifetime Member

I love crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 09:09:28 AM »

Yes Max, the new bridge is an arched wood, 2x6 glue-laminated beam! I use similiar in house construction. Have crabbed quite a bit of the area there. Admit, it's usually late in the year. Oct last year got 2 bushel in 4 hrs. All decent crabs. Not gonna get the size as Md on a reg. basis. Maybe late? Never a problem with rec. traps. Yes, we use traps and floats. Comm. can't crab in there, and you can't use the comm. type traps. That is why I have found about a half dozen Grin Never heard of the 50' wide for rec either. Beaver Dam would be put outa bussiness Grin Course, I think they hand-line anyway. Where you in S Jersey?. I'm in Voorhees. Names Val

Maximus

I dont bite...hard...

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 10:11:38 AM »

I am going to hit DC in a few weeks. I dont pick up my boat for another 3 weeks so i think i will hit the last bridge at TP before I pick up my boat. I want to get out there before the greenheads start to swarm. I live in Sicklerville/Erail area.
names Karl

luke at uscoach
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 06:18:36 PM »

Hi Guys:

Nice to see guys from the neighborhood.

I own US COACH REPAIR, on Berlin Cross Keys Road in Pine Hill.

My business partner and I are lucky if we get out once or twice a year, and it is usaully in the Fall, as our busy season is in the Spring & Summer.

We crabbed Beaver Dam for years and then found Dividing Creek Boat Rentals.  In the Fall we have always gone North of the launch site so  we know nothing about going out toward the Bay.  Maple, etc.

Would like to have any input about the Bay end, in the event we can sneak out late Spring or early Summer.

My work number is: 856-767-4848, E-Mail is: [email protected].  If in the neighbor, stop in to say Hello!!

Thanks in advance for any future communication!!!

Happy & SAFE!!! Crabbin' to ALL in the New Season.

LUKE at US COACH
Maximus

I dont bite...hard...

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 02:24:40 PM »

Luke you are right around the corner from me. Do you usually rent when you go to Dividing Creek?
Most of the time I crab at Dividing Creek, I hit 7 Bridges a few times, but this year I will be trying for those Wye Mumbos. The Wye guys say they through back crabs under 6". That a horse for a Jersey crab.
Let me know when you decide to go out. I wont be out till the end of the month at the earliest unless I here some good reports.

Val when are you planning your first trip?

Karl

luke at uscoach
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 06:24:31 PM »

HI Karl:

Yes we usually rent a boat, as we are not familiar with the area, to do otherwise. As I said last night, if so inclined, stop by to say Hello as I would enjoying chatting with you about crabbing.  I am here Mon., thru Fri. 8:30AM to at least 8PM.

With regard to the WYE, I love reading the messages on this Board.

20 years ago, my former next door neighbor went to Md. and came back with a bushel of crabs, the size of which I had never seen before!!!

Some day, perhaps I will get to Md.Huh?

Happy & SAFE!!! Crabbin' to ALL

LUKE at US COACH
on the hook
Lifetime Member

I love crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 07:41:15 PM »

Howdy Karl and Luke.  Luke, I know Cross-Keys fairly well, but can't place your shop? Karl, I "may" go some early, june/july.  Grin I know some comm. crab guys here so........... Grin Anyway I like to crab. I'd rather fish, and have 2 boats. I LOVE to play GOLF, so..................... Grin Have a friend here, Lindenwold, that fishes, hunts and crabs ONLY. He's all gung-ho about Md this year. We went 2 yrs ago, but basically just got our feet wet, so to speak. We will plan a run somewhere I'm sure early. Do not usually really crab till Aug/Sept. Then it gets good for Oct. Problem is I have a few season ending golf tourneys, stripers are starting, and duck season mid-Oct?Huh And I gotta work too?Huh May get a group thing for the Wye? Tie it in with BCA? They do one sometime late summer, I think. Got 10 of the topless, gonna get 20 more. Crabshack (Russ) is also a fairly close neighbor to me. BDC is in Hammonton, Johnie Handline is Clementon. Talked to another guy last fall, but never tied up. He was Voorhees too.  Plan on meeting Crabshack tomorrow to show him the topless traps. We'll see? Good luck in whatever. Did I mention I like to play golf? That takes a lot of my time. Just hit about 300 balls after work, and usually play 2 rounds each day on the weekend. Played yesterday too Grin On a side note, there are some really good guys here on the site. I met Kingcrabber, Johnie Handline, Stevo, Crabguy, Rivercrab and Crabber Joe late winter for a little git together. Thanks, Take Care, VAL PS, these are not some of the good guys by the way Grin Grin Grin Shocked.

luke at uscoach
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 07:56:29 PM »

HI Val:

We are between Watsontown New Freedom Road (Wa Wa & Mobil Station on the corners) and the Railroad Tracks, on the West Side of the street with about 150 Buses Parked here!!!!.  Skating rink was across the street, now a rehab center, and now there is an Auto Lenders Repair shop next to it on their left, along with Albion Auto Parts.

Big Red, White & Blue sign (US COACH) and an illuminated American Flag out front.

Hope to hear from you!!

LUKE at US COACH

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home