July 07, 2022, 03:30:28 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Titusville/Misquito Lagoon  (Read 10275 times)
Gregacy

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 09:25:07 PM »

I know where you are talking about. My cousin works on the SWAT team at NASA and I used to drive that way all the time when I worked on Merit Island and lived in T-ville.

I used to see the gators sunning themselves on the banks when I would go thru there.
punz

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 01:13:54 AM »

OH, MY, Gosh Al !!!!  Shocked  I am wondering if a green rookie like me could catch half that many.  Am going to go for my first time first week of June in ormond beach area,  congrats!!!
Bonnie
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2006, 02:04:19 AM »

THE TECHNIQUE

No trot lines involved. I just tie a rope to the bumper of my Chevy Vega and snatched the wheelbarrow out of the water before the crabs know what's hit em' That's not the hard part, securing the bait to the bottom of the wheelbarrow was the real challenge, that Spam is tough to work with, you know. I've got it figured out now though. But for patten reasons I'd better not go there. I'm sure you understand.

Happy Crabbing

Al

P.S.  I can't find a law on the books limiting the number of wheelbarrows one is allowed to crab in Florida waters. SWEET!
Hey Al...gonna try that wheelbarrow ta catch some MUMBOS  Grin Grin But,alas,I aint got no Chevy Vega  Cry Cry all I gots is an AMC Gremlin  Shocked Embarassed Tongue ya think that might work?  Undecided Grin Grin Grin

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker
fla chicken necker
In Memoriam 08/2013

Love those Jimmy's

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2006, 06:54:08 PM »

Hey Al...gonna try that wheelbarrow ta catch some MUMBOS  Grin Grin But,alas,I aint got no Chevy Vega  Cry Cry all I gots is an AMC Gremlin  Shocked Embarassed Tongue ya think that might work?  Undecided Grin Grin Grin

Go for it KC, it should work. Sometimes I borrow the wife's Pinto and it works just fine. You got a game plan for the Spam yet?

HATE THE HAWK---NOT THE HAWK'ER!
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2006, 07:25:36 PM »

Go for it KC, it should work. Sometimes I borrow the wife's Pinto and it works just fine. You got a game plan for the Spam yet?
;DYeh Al....for the spam part....ssssssshhhhhhh..this is TOP SECRET  Wink Wink Cheesy gonna tie Joe Crabs up inside da wheelbarrow and shove 35 lbs of spam in his big mouth  yes yes yes then place 2 midget cameras over his beady lil eyes and submerge the entire wheelbarrow.... will sit in da drivers seat sloppin down a GROG and watchin da monitores..whence da MUMBOS show up...I'll throw it in gear and yank the whole kit-n-kaboodle out of da water  laugh4 laugh4 smoking Is that a plan or what?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker

Gregacy

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2006, 10:05:45 PM »

Yall catch crabs with spam??? Roaches won't even eat that [curd]!
tominfla

Catch me, steam me, beat me, eat me !!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2006, 12:47:31 PM »

Howdy Folks, new here as ya can see, so if I screw up, please do give me a poke in the ribs. I was in here a couple of days ago and there were pics of a cove near Haulover (where the wheelbarrow was pulled to safety Wink ) Now I come back in here and can't find em. Can somebody point an ole sailor in the right direction ?

A Maryland Navy retiree, wreakin havoc on the central Florida blue crab population  ;-)
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2006, 12:59:57 PM »

Tominfla, go to SE Crabbing resources and click on Haulover canal

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
Gregacy

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2006, 11:13:05 PM »

HA HA!!! PSJ!! I used to live there! I went to Challenger 7.

Take your happy arse to the dock near the powerplant..(or go behind the powerplant) and drop your traps. You could always wade out too.

I never caught crabs there when I was a kid but I caught my share of sand sharks.
tominfla

Catch me, steam me, beat me, eat me !!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2006, 09:03:16 AM »

Challenger 7, Good school, my son just finished up at Atlantis, now he's off to Space Coast Jr/Sr. Yup, we have been fishin down near the powerhouse, nuttin but blow toads now, I think the H2o is alittle screwed up on this part of IR to support much else Sad  Certainly not much crabbin......But we do love it here in PSJ, I lived here for a spell back in the late 70's, I'll bet it was a great place to grow up, it has changed quite a bit since the late 70's for sure.............T.J.

A Maryland Navy retiree, wreakin havoc on the central Florida blue crab population  ;-)

Gregacy

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2006, 02:41:35 PM »

I was went to Challenger 7 since the day they opened their doors. I was in the 4th grade. I am 30yrs old now.... you do the math.

You live close to titusville and merrit island so the choice is yours as to where to crab.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home