May 20, 2018, 03:07:00 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PVC coated mesh?  (Read 1881 times)
twharrell
Supporting Member

Ignore
« on: September 08, 2016, 04:36:27 PM »

I want to build a crab pot with my son and was wondering if anyone knew where to find Aquamesh or a similar product. I checked Lowes and Home Depot but their mesh feels kind of wimpy for the main pot exterior. We live in the Newport News/Williamsburg area. Also, where to get culling rings, hooks, and all the other accessories?

Todd
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 06:17:20 PM »

There is Marshall's MFG in Atlantic.  They have everything you need.  I don't think they will sell wire by the foot tho...  Undecided If you want just a pot or two I can sell you a couple cut and folded.  All you have to do is asm. them....  I'm right up at marshell's.

Did you see this?  How to build a crab pot -> http://www.bluecrab.info/crabpot/index.html

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
twharrell
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 08:17:59 PM »

Thanks for the info, Jack. I already saw the tutorial on building a crab pot. That's what got me thinking about building them on my own. Marshall Mfg might be a little far but if it's my only option, then I guess that's where I'll have to go. Any idea on how much a roll of mesh costs? I assume it comes in either 50 foot or 100 foot rolls.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 09:32:27 PM »

Thanks for the info, Jack. I already saw the tutorial on building a crab pot. That's what got me thinking about building them on my own. Marshall Mfg might be a little far but if it's my only option, then I guess that's where I'll have to go. Any idea on how much a roll of mesh costs? I assume it comes in either 50 foot or 100 foot rolls.
100 foot roll I just got was 130bucks.  It will make 10 pots.  I "HIGHLY" recommend that you have them cut and fold it.  That costs 10 bucks for the roll.  Hand cutting a roll and folding is a B$tch. Grin You will also need 10 bait boxes, 2 bucks each.  To do it right you also need about 10lbs of 11ga bracing wire.  Hog rings. Zincs and frames if ya what to do it right. And line/float. Oh yeah, and bungee cord and bait box covers.. Smiley

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home