August 20, 2018, 09:47:51 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hoopers Crab House???...Not Great Exp...  (Read 16419 times)
on the hook
Lifetime Member

Location: Central Pa/S Jersey till I can find some work somewhere

I love crabs!

Ignore
« on: September 17, 2016, 11:19:24 PM »

OK, maybe I should have checked first, but...

Bought 1/2 bushel off their truck in Williamsport Pa today...Costs me about $100 for gas/tolls to run down and crab, so...The crabs are great tasting, but...Was told they are FULL, which Maury could prove was a lie...Some are light...I can live with that...but...I can't live with being told there are 3 to 4 dozen and I only get 31 crabs!!!!...I would expect about 40?...no?...Maybe 42, BUT 31?Huh...Individual they cost $2.99, but 1/2 bushel is $99.99, so I LOST $$$$ ON THE 1/2 BUSHEL!!!...Posted on their fb page, but I'm SURE that it will not be there...If this is against policy, too bad...

I'm niether proud nor embarrassed, I'm a man....Sometimes I sh!t my pants.....It's part of the deal.
Neither Crab

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 07:40:04 AM »

One of the greatest tricks of all time is the "Half Bushel Trick"  Crabs that are lively and repacked in half bushel baskets can sometimes yield 3 half bushels when they spread their claws and start moving around taking up more space. The Crab Huckster gave you the Williamsport Pack.
on the hook
Lifetime Member

Location: Central Pa/S Jersey till I can find some work somewhere

I love crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 11:43:57 AM »

One of the greatest tricks of all time is the "Half Bushel Trick"  Crabs that are lively and repacked in half bushel baskets can sometimes yield 3 half bushels when they spread their claws and start moving around taking up more space. The Crab Huckster gave you the Williamsport Pack.

No, I know what you're saying, BUT, it wasn't 1/2 bushel when you give a number...Yes, I have bought bushels that had 5 dozen, and that is what you mean...I've also bought bushels that far exceded my expectations, as far as numbers...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 11:47:13 AM by on the hook » Logged

I'm niether proud nor embarrassed, I'm a man....Sometimes I sh!t my pants.....It's part of the deal.
Neither Crab

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 07:06:30 AM »

No, I know what you're saying, BUT, it wasn't 1/2 bushel when you give a number...Yes, I have bought bushels that had 5 dozen, and that is what you mean...I've also bought bushels that far exceded my expectations, as far as numbers...
Then tell the seller to give you the number of crabs he said he was going to give you. Estimates have rarely come out in my favor in my lifetime.
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 07:30:56 AM »

...ask for the top half of the bushel, not the bottom half.

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Grizzly36

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 08:19:25 AM »

My biggest problem with buying crabs is price and not having a chance to look the product over.  too many ways to screw you.  The count, the size, the quality. Especially when it comes to buying #1's. 1's are the usually the big ones.  but that all depends on whats being caught and can change from day to day.

And don't get me started on the price.  A weeks grocery bill on one meal.  And I'll probably be hungry in a hour anyway.

I'll just catch my own or go with out.

Trips              
Bushels          
Traps            
Trotline      
Crabs picked
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 10:59:03 AM »

Hooper(s) drives the boat chief.