December 13, 2019, 06:05:47 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crab Charter  (Read 13609 times)
rock n crab
In Memoriam 11/2016

Ignore
« on: May 10, 2006, 12:58:44 PM »

On my way to work this morning I see these signs for Crab charters.... Check this site out.... Look at the prices this guy is charging......

http://www.crabcharters.com/

20' SeaMark CC 90HP Honda
procrabber

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 02:02:07 PM »

i think we have established that this is an illegal operation. good luck if you choose to risk it, doesnt appear to be to USCG safety code for a charterboat

Domino

Incredible Hawk

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 02:11:04 PM »

i think we have established that this is an illegal operation. good luck if you choose to risk it, doesnt appear to be to USCG safety code for a charterboat

Why can't a 6 pack licensed captain charge to take out a recreational crabbing party?
I've looked into the 6 pack capt thing and my understanding is that it IS legal to take fishing or hunting parties out for $.  Don't see why crabbing would be any different.

procrabber, can you send me a link to where the discussion on this was?  I'd bet that because the guest # is limited it doesn't fall under the "big boy" charterboat regs.  Just a guess though.
procrabber

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 02:27:50 PM »

to run a 6-pack you must:
1- have 6 pack or higher license
2- have fishing charter license for MD (limited enrty) or TFL,
3- have 6-pack sticker from the USCG, which involves a safety check, and not present on his boat
4- be on random drug screening program, and have CPR/first aid certs current

also advisable to have commercial boat insurance

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 02:44:56 PM »

.......I'm not sure how you know he doesn't have all of the above!!! His decals could be located on the otherside of his vessel, or perhaps that was a pic before he set up his business. Not sure, but as described in a previous post, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he has it, but his price is a bit high. Domino, you do not need a TFL to guide hunting parties. You do need to have or currently work under someone with an Outfitter's license.

As far as the random drug screening, that's mandatory throught the U.S. Coast guard.

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

Domino

Incredible Hawk

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »

.......I'm not sure how you know he doesn't have all of the above!!! His decals could be located on the otherside of his vessel, or perhaps that was a pic before he set up his business. Not sure, but as described in a previous post, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he has it, but his price is a bit high. Domino, you do not need a TFL to guide hunting parties. You do need to have or currently work under someone with an Outfitter's license.

As far as the random drug screening, that's mandatory throught the U.S. Coast guard.

So crab charter: Some hoops to jump through, but it is feasible.  Fair enough.

Right, to guide hunting parties you at least need insurance, 6 pack+, and outfitter's license which is the tough one.
You gotta love big gubment.
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 03:03:18 PM »

.....I'm not 100% sure regarding the crab charters......as I'm not sure if it is considered fishing, but I'm sure it is.

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 03:08:39 PM »

....ask Rivercrab (Capt. Scott) he is set up to do this sort of thing, he'd know

in·teg·ri·ty   
procrabber

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 03:47:36 PM »

Chris,  Something seems fishy that is all. i just dont trust it until i see something else to make me think otherwise

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 06:20:23 PM »

I agree.

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

anchor
Lifetime Member

stop being a lurker and make a donation

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 08:36:48 PM »

i know in the state of delaware you can take crabbing charters if you have a capt. license or clamming charters it all falls under delawares guidlines. but that guy is very steep on prices you could buy crabs for less that that and his charge for steaming is outragous
rivercrab
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 09:30:46 AM »

Procrabber is absolutely right...You cant take out people unless you have a USCG license with the boat inspected and approved by them. Also insurance and you have to go have random drug screening when called upon. Along with a Charter boat license or TFL. Also CPR and First aid along with all the safety equipment. I am not doing paid charters as of now due to the fact that the insurance is to pricey for the business. Also its not worth running a charter for crabs when you could make more crabbing and selling yourself..Why would people pay those prices are beyond me. But they will.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 09:36:43 AM by rivercrab » Logged
ILLSWIMHOME
Lifetime Member

Shake N Bake

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 09:46:05 AM »

In my area there's a girl you can talk to that for $90 you and a freind will get crabs in about an hr..... laugh
90 per person is a lil too high

Crab on!
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 10:02:35 AM »

....I understand the validity of what PC is saying, I just disagree with saying it is an unlawful business, considering there are no facts to go by that would indicate he is not performing or providing a service within the legal perimeter of the law. You can not look at a website and tell the internet that someone is performing an illegal operation merely on speculation. Unless you have facts to prove otherwise, that's slander....and very unprofessional, especially for a 50 ton Master Captain....and indicative of the internet.  Just my opinion. Sad

in·teg·ri·ty   
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 10:14:47 AM »

TIME FOR MY 2 CENTS

YOU GUYS FROM FAIRYLAND ARE ALWAYS MOANIN ABOUT THE "DNR" COPS'
DO YOU THINK FOR A MINUTE THIS GUY WILL BE OUT ON THE GREAT WATERS OF MARYLAND
WITH 6 IDIOTS DUMB ENOUGH TO PAY HIM 90 BUCKS A POP
AND THIS GUY AINT GONNA GET STOPPED AND CHECKED?Huh??

Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 10:21:33 AM »

....I understand the validity of what PC is saying, I just disagree with saying it is an unlawful business, considering there are no facts to go by that would indicate he is not performing or providing a service within the legal perimeter of the law. You can not look at a website and tell the internet that someone is performing an illegal operation merely on speculation. Unless you have facts to prove otherwise, that's slander....and very unprofessional, especially for a 50 ton Master Captain....and indicative of the internet.  Just my opinion. Sad

I agree... lets not throw this guy under the bus without knowing the facts.  But [Sam Hill], thats the BCA way...

Git 'r dun!
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 10:23:33 AM »

THATS A LITTLE HARSH Sad WEED
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 10:29:07 AM »

WHAT WILL KNOWIN  THE FACTS CHANGE??

OK LETS SEE,

FACT 1, THIS GUY RUSSELL DID NOT SUBMIT THIS AD ON OUR WONDERFUL SITE

FACT 2 RUSSELL WANTS TO TAKE PEOPLE CRABBIN FOR A FEE

FACT 3 I DONT KNOW RUSSELL  AND TO MY KNOWLAGE NIETHER DO ANY OF YOU

FACT 4 IM CALLING RUSSELL RIGHT NOW AND GONNA ASK HIM IFN HE GOT D PAPERS

WILL EVERYONE SLEEP BETTER TONIGHT KNOWING ALL THE FACTS??
Stevo
Lifetime Member

It's all fun and games 'til someone gets steamed!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 10:43:58 AM »

I agree... lets not throw this guy under the bus without knowing the facts.  But [Sam Hill], thats the BCA way...

About the only negative thing I could ever say about this forum has nothing at all to do with the forum itself, but the fact that there are so many in here that love to be Judge and Jury. It's great to express our personal opinions, and even share our knowledge, but come on guys ( and gals) lets express ourselves without judging others.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 10:45:38 AM by Stevo » Logged

This website is member-supported. Please help by becoming a Supporting Member today!
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 11:07:59 AM »

yeah weed, how dare you express your "personal opinion." Roll Eyes
[Sam Hill] AINT "THAT" THE BCA WAY

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: