October 24, 2021, 02:42:23 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Places to crab on the outerbanks, NC  (Read 6606 times)
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2006, 03:13:28 PM »

I am heading down for a few weeks to OBX.  Looking for ideas to crab from bridges / docks.  May rent a skiff to crab, but have a couple of fishing trips planned and have to watch the $ so I and was figuring on crabbing around the causeway on the little bridge between manteo/ nagshead on the cause way.  Any other public places to crab.  Just looking to go and goof around and catch a dozen to eat, maybe once or twice. 

..................Crabdog

MD / PA Line
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 03:17:16 PM »

I am heading down for a few weeks to OBX.  Looking for ideas to crab from bridges / docks.  May rent a skiff to crab, but have a couple of fishing trips planned and have to watch the $ so I and was figuring on crabbing around the causeway on the little bridge between manteo/ nagshead on the cause way.  Any other public places to crab.  Just looking to go and goof around and catch a dozen to eat, maybe once or twice. 

Make sure you take your palmolive, you nancy.  So your hands stay nice and smooth laugh laugh

Some of my boys are going down there to Oregon to fish this week.  I think its still hot down there.  Good luck with the harvesting Dog thumbsup thumbsup

Git 'r dun!
tattoo
In Memoriam 09/2021
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 11:54:52 PM »

GOOD LUCK ,have a great time.

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 11:36:11 AM »

Make sure you take your palmolive, you nancy.  So your hands stay nice and smooth laugh laugh

Some of my boys are going down there to Oregon to fish this week.  I think its still hot down there.  Good luck with the harvesting Dog thumbsup thumbsup

weed,

...........I thought it was a funny comment...besides make the crabs smell sweeter..   Tongue Lips Sealed laugh

...........Cdog
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 11:41:06 AM by CrabDog » Logged

MD / PA Line
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 12:05:33 PM »

I am heading down for a few weeks to OBX. Looking for ideas to crab from bridges / docks. May rent a skiff to crab, but have a couple of fishing trips planned and have to watch the $ so I and was figuring on crabbing around the causeway on the little bridge between manteo/ nagshead on the cause way. Any other public places to crab. Just looking to go and goof around and catch a dozen to eat, maybe once or twice.

THATS A GOOD SPOT DOG!!!!!!!!

NICE CROAKER BITE TOO

IFN YOU WANT TO MAKE THE DRIVE DOWN THE MARSH ROAD
THERES ALWAYS LAKE MATTUMASKEET NWR ABOUT 45 MILES SOUTH OF MANETO
THE MARSH ROAD IS EXACTLY THAT 40+ MILES OF NOTHING

THE LAKE LANDING SHOULD BE GETTING ON ABOUT NOW
WATER IS ONLY 2-6 FEET DEEP IN MOST SPOTS

CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 10:14:54 AM »

Crabguy,

couple of questions while I fish the OBX for 20 years have never crabbed there.  How deep is it by the little bridge.  Just curious how much line to add to my traps I am taking about 6.  Also I know they rent skiffs around the causeway, is that worth doing for crabbing, or should I save my money for fishing trips?  Also at lake Mattamuskeet, do they rent boats or is it just a ramp?  I am not going to tow my duck boat 360 miles to crab once or twice.

.....Crabdog 

MD / PA Line
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 10:44:39 AM »

Not deep cdog, water is 8f max in the whole sound there and another 12ft to the bridge deck.  Try collington harbor.  I saw people doing better there last year than the causeway which was in mid june.  Call me if you want further details. Wink

Willl do.. I actually was catching crabs on shrimp while fishing off that bridge.  They were like 5 - 5 1/2 inches.  Not big.. but I really never hear of big crabs down there.. or is there places that have bigger crabs?  I have stayed in Collington Harbor once and we crabbed off the private dock at the house and we caught a lot, but they were 4- 5 inches.  I catch up with ya.

...........Cdog

MD / PA Line

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home