November 15, 2019, 09:46:58 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Details on building a shedding system  (Read 3817 times)
eljapon

« on: April 23, 2003, 06:33:42 PM »

hi everyone, just wondering if you can help me? Ive read that a crabs may die on a new shedding table if you use toxic stuff like some resisns and paints? so what king of paint and resins can i use that are no toxic for the crabs? so far Ive only found that a resins called GLUVIT will do the job but I want to know if there are other kinds? thak you for your answers.
El japon
damian

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 02:23:52 PM »

hi my  name  is  damian im from  mexico and  im study  marine  biology specifically this  topic about  soft crab the  crabs  we  use here  we dont  have  problems to  work  with  them the ponds we use are made of fiber glass with a epoxica painting
 so now  I would like  to  now  about  what are you doing about your  sistem or  where are you  working thanks for your answer

ran_c

got crabs?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 07:35:14 PM »

i have 4 tables and i live in louisiana right on the gulf of mexico. i still was busting out 2-3 softshells a week up until the cold weather hit a week or two ago. my tanks have been turned off for about 1 month now, but should be back on in about 1-2 months.

if love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
Crabpop

Home Sweet Home

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2004, 08:12:31 PM »

Eljapon, sorry, I can't help you out with any info on coatings to use on shedding tanks.  I'm sure that someone on this forum can, but the forum is very slow right now because were in the middle of winter in the central Atlantic area of the U.S. east coast.  Discussions should pick up in another couple of months.

Damian, take a look a the following link.

http://www.blue-crab.org/

It is about the Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab and should answer your questions.

Crabpop

Severn, Md USA
cw4340

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 02:14:23 PM »

my wood tanks were built out of plywood we used liquid nails and 5200 hundred to put them together and yes you could seal them with gluvit but i never did i wood just swell them up when i went to use them but this year i went to fiber glass liners ahh no more leaks steve did have a web site posted for vims and mike oysterling hope i didn,t get name wrong im sure they can help you great info!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home