October 23, 2020, 08:44:44 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Restraints  (Read 1345 times)
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« on: November 22, 2016, 12:13:38 PM »

This one was in my wife's stand Saturday morning.  She needed him to take one more step forward to get a great shot.  Instead he backed out.  She's afraid to take a risky shot and maiming anything.  I think she could have got it done but respect her opinion on not taking the shot.  I don't think I would have had the patience she had (when I first started hunting) and especially since this is her 4th year hunting.  I'm proud of her for the restraint.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
capt. ron
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 02:47:33 PM »

Did the deer bust here?  He looked kinda nervous.

laissez les bon temps rouler
let the good times roll
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 03:41:35 PM »

Sure seems to be a lot of 8 points around this year. Looks like they all know the stand is there, because they all look right at it several times while they're in the picture.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 04:56:19 PM »

Did the deer bust here?  He looked kinda nervous.

no he didn't but he came in nervous, hung out for about 5 minutes and then backed out.  He knew something was up but was right back in that evening after dark and the next morning about the same time.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 04:58:27 PM »

Sure seems to be a lot of 8 points around this year. Looks like they all know the stand is there, because they all look right at it several times while they're in the picture.

the stand is actually to the left side of the pictures and up on a ridge about 15' of elevation change.  The deer are standing in a small valley.

I wouldn't be surprised they know the stand is there, so far this year 6 deer have been taken from the same stand.

Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 05:05:42 PM »

Maybe they can hear the camera if that's what they're looking at. Definitely something that gets their attention.
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 08:09:56 PM »

I'm not sure they hear the cam, maybe, but I doubt it as theyre all pretty much digital now.

The "red" infrared seems to get their attention at night.

Crabby.....dump your wife already and go kill them bucks!!!

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 08:31:41 PM »

He is letting the wife shoot the small buck so he can shoot the larger buck. It is a nice buck. The deer look at my stand after i have shot so many from the same stand every year.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
ECcrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 12:03:53 PM »

Thanks for sharing - what camera did you use to film it?  Really good quality.

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 12:49:22 PM »

Thanks for sharing - what camera did you use to film it?  Really good quality.

Browning Strike Force Sub Micro 8MP Game Camera

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016IZS69C/?tag=bca1-20

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home