August 19, 2019, 04:30:30 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JACKDANIELS AND POLITICS  (Read 8575 times)
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« on: May 09, 2006, 07:43:52 AM »

It will only be less $ untill everybody is using it then the price will go up.

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
dfran
In Memoriam 07/2017

Labs Rule !!!!!! Crabs ain't bad either !!!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 08:21:32 AM »

Once the guys growing the corn for Ethanol go to a couple seminars put on by the oil companys, we won't be able to afford gas or corn!!!
F.I.sherman

Is bin laden still enjoying his bahama's vacation?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 10:38:12 PM »

corn ethanol is [curd]. sugar ethanol is where its at.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 10:44:21 PM »

THATS RIGHT, THEY NEED TO SAVE ALL THE CORN FOR LYNCHBURG TN Grin

- John Wayne
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 07:02:59 AM »

THATS RIGHT, THEY NEED TO SAVE ALL THE CORN FOR LYNCHBURG TN Grin
aJack Daniels man EH?... Cheesy had a bottle once...it was on life support...gave it mouth-to-mouth .... Shocked Grin sorry to say ,da bottle didnt make it  Cry Cry Cry Cheesy Cheesy matter of fact,I thought fer the next 3 days i wasnt gonna make it neither  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin sick2 sick2 sick2

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker

R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 07:24:21 AM »

Gentelman Jack, the older i get the smoother and easier i like things. Good stuff on the rocks Wink

- John Wayne
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 07:34:56 AM »

Gentelman Jack, the older i get the smoother and easier i like things. Good stuff on the rocks Wink
funny story about the night I wrestled that bottle and lost her  Cry the next morning at breakfast ,i had to go to work with my Pop.....he sat at the table,he asked me what in Gods name did you do last night,son....I told him about gentleman jack.... Lips Sealed Undecided he laughed his [arse] off  Grin  Pop then told me...."I called Lynchburg Tn last night..dont worry,they said they are makin more "  Grin Grin Grin Grin

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker
Black Irish

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 07:50:06 AM »

Yeah, I heard the same. Sugar beets produce something like twice as much ethanol per acre over corn and don't require as much fertilizer or pesticides.
F.I.sherman

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 03:36:19 PM »

brazil now has its own energy source and no longer requires oil form outsiders.sugar makes more ethanol,gets better gas milage so forth.

corn ethanol gets less mileage per gallon than fossil fuels.plus the lobbyists in D.C want corn ethanol because we grow alot of it.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 03:53:24 PM »

There are many pros and cons to corn-based Ethanol, but think about this. If we (America) would reduce our oil consumption by 20% for one day, it would break the backs of the major oilk companies.........and from the get go, ethanol may be as expensive or a little less than the average gallon of fuel made from crude oil......but that would allow us to choose....and it's that choice that the oil companies do not like to see. At this point in time, the government has to step up and put aside they're alliances with these oil companies and press hard to come up with alternative fuels because they're jobs depend on it. The republican party has no chance in the next and upcoming elections and they know this......Now, imagine if corn based ethanol filtered into the market in an exceptional rate.....we could reduce our consumption ot foreign oil by almost 50% a day......and that would destroy Exxon/mobil and force them to provide an affordable product to it's customer. When the CEO of EXXON/MOBIL was interviewed he was asked if there's anyting he might be willing to do to bring down the price of Gasoline....his response was "He works for the stockholders and it's his duty to make as much money as he can." When they're product has competion of a different kind, people will no longer be buying the product they're selling....and then they will have to answer to those stockholders......answer, reduce the price of our product. China and India consume 20% of what the US consumes on a daily basis....they can't fill they large gapping hole missing by the US. If given the choice, I'd rather see the money in a farmer's pocket than Exxon/Mobil....JMO

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

Islander
Lifetime Member

"Life is simple, its just not easy."

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 04:19:03 PM »

I'd rather see the money in a farmer's pocket than Exxon/Mobil....JMO

I agree. I would be willing to switch to Ethanol right now, even with lower miles per gallon, then to send any more money to foreign countries for oil.

F.I.sherman

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 06:28:56 PM »

"I'd rather see the money in a farmer's pocket than Exxon/Mobil....JMO"

unfortunately its exxon/mobile who is teaming up with corn growers to make corn ethanol.i'd rather import sugar ethanol from brazil that would range from 1 dollar to 2 dollars at the pump than use corn-based ethanol that will run around 2 to 3 dollars at the pump. corn ethanol will not be cheaper than todays price of fossil fuels.it takes tremendous energy to make corn ethanol.its better to just buy a diesel vehicle,goto mcdonalds every week and ask them to take off thier used oil for free.it will take about 4-6 hours to filter out then you can put it in your gas tank and go.no modifications at all except the straining process.all that for free.well until business catches on and finds a way to profit from it.

Benjamin Franklin
crabbygramps
In Memoriam (1/2013)
Lifetime Member

awww geeeez....another one

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 06:54:40 PM »

If by some strange stroke of fate, someone...anyone...even a forum member... were to somehow fall over a radial new engine design that permitted the general public to run their vehicles on....... Roll Eyes"SALT WATER"" Cool Lips Sealed the next day when everyone showed up at the beach to" fill up"....you would be very surprised to learn that "ExxonMobil" owned the Atlantic ocean and "Shell  Sunoco" the Pacfic"... With "W" and some of his cronie buddies holding the deed to the Bays.. Cry  Corn, sugar,salt water...they'll get their hands on it..So after you fill up, don't forget to salute the "oil co. condum"  You are being hosed!!! Embarassed

"CHESAPEAKE FEVER" catch it and you'll know "WYE"
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 07:14:38 PM »

........We are getting hosed, that's for sure!!! Roll Eyes Sad

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 08:32:45 PM »

........We are getting hosed, that's for sure!!! Roll Eyes Sad

.... and there's absolutely no mistake about that.  I think we're getting hosed by oil brokers, not necessarily the oil companies themselves.  These dirtbags are buying up all the supply, holding it to create an apparent lack of supply, waiting for prices to raise, then flooding the market with their product, at a higher rate of course.  and if you think W isn't a broker himself, or tied into this scheme, you better think again.

I did hear something last night about a water-powered car... lets hope for the best Cheesy

Git 'r dun!

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 08:36:44 PM »

.......they're all in it for keeps!!! Jeb ain't gotta chance. Just a 20% reduction in crude oil imports would kill em......and the sad part is, it can be obtained by simply driving the speed limit. If everyone drove 55, we'd break em! Sad

in·teg·ri·ty   
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 08:41:37 PM »

.......they're all in it for keeps!!! Jeb ain't gotta chance. Just a 20% reduction in crude oil imports would kill em......and the sad part is, it can be obtained by simply driving the speed limit. If everyone drove 55, we'd break em! Sad

People aren't willing to walk across the street, let alone give up 20% of anything.  And drive 55... maybe on sunday evening laugh

I hear ya though... we can beat 'em, but its got to be a collective effort.

Git 'r dun!
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 10:54:55 PM »

How are you going to break them?if we did a 20% reductionThen they would lose 20% of their record windfall profits, big deal, so the CEOs will only get 45 million in salary and bonus money, and it still wont hurt the forion oil, they will just cut production until it goes back up     (PS    I have tried running a boat engine on salt water.....wont work for long Roll Eyes

- John Wayne
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 10:59:39 PM »

.......you have to remember........big money comes big bills.................what do you think is funding these offshore drilling projects in the 10's of billions.............and when production is cut so are sales and that hurts the shareholders...........but at the end of the day, 20% less production or 20% less consumption still means 20% less in revenue for big oil.....and they can reduce the production but it won't matter cause we can then run on corn and don't need it. Grin

in·teg·ri·ty   
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 11:16:01 PM »

But there is no difference in 3$ a gal. gas or 3$ a gal ethanol What we need until technology advances to water powered engines or some other renewable resource is to be drilling more oil wells of our own.We have the largest Natural gas field in the world right here in front of me and it's untouchedThis is simply supply and demand, we have to increase the supply. OPEC will not do it and will do the opposite if demand drops. what we should have done is pumped IRAQ dry until it was a big sink hole and then done a little horizontal drilling under IRAN and gas would be 70 cents a gal.

- John Wayne

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home