April 21, 2019, 10:10:26 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JACKDANIELS AND POLITICS  (Read 8293 times)
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 11:19:36 PM »

OPEC has said repeatedly that there is no supply shortage and that they will increase production whenever necessary.........but like I said before.........I'd rather being giving Billy Bob my money for gas rather than Habib!!!

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
Seaweed
Supporting Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 11:20:44 PM »

I don't think its merely supply and demand.  Demand has steadily increased over many years, and gas prices have only been raised pennies each year, if that.  Now, all of a sudden, the price goes up triple...  did the demand triple overnight?  No way.  So why the major increase?  Katrina did some damage, but the price went up at the first forecast of that storm, long before any damage could be assesed.  Its GREED and big business sticking it up you a$$... why?  because they can, and you can't do anyting about it.  Thank W when you send him your Christmas card Angry

Git 'r dun!
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 11:21:04 PM »

Me too brother

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 11:26:00 PM »

.....we can agree on that!!! We are getting it up the A55!!! .........but it goes way beyond "W"!!! It goes back to every administration since Carter for not pushing and providing an alternative fuel. Everyone knew this was coming and I refused to get caught with my pants down. I will reduce my fuel consumption by 20% or more, I already have. No vactions this summer, no long distance hunting trips this winter......and no un-needed wishful thinking trips out for crabs this early!!!

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
Seaweed
Supporting Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 11:29:47 PM »

Don't let The Man beat you into submission like that!  Buy a bigger SUV!  Leave the a/c and 4WD on full-time!

I know its been a long time coming, but the whole thing materialized overnight.  And thats the part I just don't understand.... why so sudden Huh

Git 'r dun!

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2006, 11:32:32 PM »

Don't let The Man beat you into submission like that!  Buy a bigger SUV!  Leave the a/c and 4WD on full-time!

.....my money only goes so far, and I refuse to put into someone elses 1/2 billion dollar pension plan. I will buy a more fuel efficent car and not drive as much, I will roll the windows down and turn the AC off...........and 4wd, What's that?! Smiley

in·teg·ri·ty   
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2006, 11:38:31 PM »

the demand has increased a lot in the last 5 yrs, as you said huge SUVs to drive in towns, the boats on the water have doubled in 5 yrs here, theres a lot of things that add to it BUT we are still paying a lot less than people in  other Nations and that is due to the fact that we do produce some of our own oil. The demand has risen to the point that every refinery in the USA is running full capacity 24/7

- John Wayne
Geckert

John Martin Linde Jr.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2006, 11:47:24 PM »

I think that by the end of this year when Maryland finially has no choice but to use this new mix it will force many of the little guys out of business. They gave them a choice a while back to get their stations equipped to handle the new mix but most did nothing because of the cost to do so. I believe the little man is going to wait til the last minute and hope that they can pettition the state and either get some type of exemption or a no/low intrest loan from the state for the upgrades that will be needed. I also think that when these stations go under that there will be a price drop of some kind for the simple reason that if I cant stop at the gas station on my corner on my way home every day I just may watch how I drive and fill up a little less since it will not be as convient. who knows guess we will find out soon enough.

I now have a list.
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2006, 11:53:40 PM »

BUT we are still paying a lot less than people in  other Nations and that is due to the fact that we do produce some of our own oil.

......the reason we pay less is because we buy WAY more than anyone else....as well, most other countries have an established Mass transit system and the topography to handle it in a matter that you'd be a fool not to use it. They're Governments tax fuel so much it forces people to use the Mass transportation.

in·teg·ri·ty   
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2006, 11:55:40 PM »

and see i was thinking that part of the problem is that we have almost no Mom n Pop gas stations anymore. if you are not part of a big chain then you are out, even Wal-mart sells gas, and it seems to me that the lack of compitition could add to higher prices

- John Wayne

F.I.sherman

Is bin laden still enjoying his bahama's vacation?

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2006, 03:45:21 AM »

good luck on that 20%
with alot of people choosing to work 50 or miles from home it aint gonna happen.
besides people are always fighting over who is gonna get the parking spot closest to the store.
if you really want to hurt the oil companys you take your diesel and convert it to biodiesel.its free and easy to convert.
by keeping you fossil fuel powered vehicle going your showing how much you rely as a slave to the oil companys.they know as long as you need fossil fuels they say jump you say how high.they also know that there will never be a big dent in thier profits,or anything little as long as people rely on fossil fuels.besides if you boycott exxon/mobile then your giving money to some other oil company who thinks the same was as exxon.if they didnt the prices at the pump would be different.the oil companys are driving up the cost of fuel,not anything violent in the world.
they send in stock traders to trade for them under different names and companys to drive up the prices.but its unlikely anything will be done about it till jan 2009 after we get rid of the oil baron in the white house.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2006, 08:34:35 AM »

good luck on that 20%
with alot of people choosing to work 50 or miles from home it aint gonna happen.
besides people are always fighting over who is gonna get the parking spot closest to the store.
if you really want to hurt the oil companys you take your diesel and convert it to biodiesel.its free and easy to convert.
by keeping you fossil fuel powered vehicle going your showing how much you rely as a slave to the oil companys.they know as long as you need fossil fuels they say jump you say how high.they also know that there will never be a big dent in thier profits,or anything little as long as people rely on fossil fuels.besides if you boycott exxon/mobile then your giving money to some other oil company who thinks the same was as exxon.if they didnt the prices at the pump would be different.the oil companys are driving up the cost of fuel,not anything violent in the world.
they send in stock traders to trade for them under different names and companys to drive up the prices.but its unlikely anything will be done about it till jan 2009 after we get rid of the oil baron in the white house.

And not a dam thing will change then either.We are the ones driving up the prices by using the refined product as fast as it comes out.EVERY BODY WANTS TO BLAME THE PRESIDENT FOR EVERYTHING BULL %$#@ YOUR WAY OF THINKING i GUESS i SHOULD HAVE BLAMED HIM FOR HAVING 1 FOOT OF WATER IN MY HOUSE LAST YR and for the warm winter,for having to many crabs on the market at times,for that big male getting me on the thumb yesterday,oh yeah the arrowhead i found yesterday was broke 9000 yrs ago I KNOW THAT WAS Ws FAULT TOO

- John Wayne
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2006, 08:39:27 AM »

RD,
I agree, wonder what everyone is gonna say when he's out of office and they are still problems............but I do think there is more the government should do to protect up from this, perhaps not so much us, but the economy.

in·teg·ri·ty   
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2006, 08:59:00 AM »

Well we sit around and complain that we have too much Gov. in our lives. This is America and the oil and gas are a part of the FREE market system. It would be no different if somebody thought the price of crabs was too high and wanted the Gov. to step in and do something about it, or the price of soda pops or steaks ect. ect .Yes there are people getting rich off gas and oil,Thats the way it works in a free society.If I sell my softshells to a Lawyer or somebody in the oil buisness then i always add 10% to the cost Just too get a little back Grin

- John Wayne
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2006, 09:02:40 AM »

"You must be from up north and a  democrat." "I am," replied the

ballonist. "How did you know?" "Well" said the man, "you don't know

where you are or where you are going. You have risen to where you are due to

a large quantity of hot air, you made a promise that you have no idea how to

keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same

position you were in before we met, but somehow now, its my fault. laugh

CRABGUY
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2006, 09:05:10 AM »

AND THAT AINT A JOKE
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2006, 09:05:50 AM »

That pretty much says it all bro

- John Wayne
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2006, 09:12:17 AM »

Hmmmmm...lemme see here  shifty everybody bustin on the oil companies
huh?  annoyed I work fer Sunoco...so ya''l dont mind ifn I says.."Hurrah for Da Oil Companies"  laugh4 laugh4 juggle2 juggle mad balloon balloon2 balloon3 jester jester jester guitarist drummer guitarist jester jester

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker
Stevo
Lifetime Member

It's all fun and games 'til someone gets steamed!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2006, 09:14:11 AM »

Hmmmmm...lemme see here  shifty everybody bustin on the oil companies
huh?  annoyed I work fer Sunoco...so ya''l dont mind ifn I says.."Hurrah for Da Oil Companies"  laugh4 laugh4 juggle2 juggle mad balloon balloon2 balloon3 jester jester jester guitarist drummer guitarist jester jester

Yeah, but it ain't only gas yer full of!  Embarassed Tongue Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Roll Eyes Tongue Embarassed Embarassed Tongue Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Tongue Embarassed Cry Cry Cry Cry Embarassed

This website is member-supported. Please help by becoming a Supporting Member today!
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2006, 09:14:23 AM »

Iwas wondering when the chief peckerhead opps i meant chief pinhead was going to show up

- John Wayne

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home