December 11, 2019, 05:14:56 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JACKDANIELS AND POLITICS  (Read 8934 times)
F.I.sherman

Is bin laden still enjoying his bahama's vacation?

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2006, 12:12:18 PM »

"And not a dam thing will change then either.We are the ones driving up the prices by using the refined product as fast as it comes out.EVERY BODY WANTS TO BLAME THE PRESIDENT FOR EVERYTHING BULL %$#@ YOUR WAY OF THINKING i GUESS i SHOULD HAVE BLAMED HIM FOR HAVING 1 FOOT OF WATER IN MY HOUSE LAST YR and for the warm winter,for having to many crabs on the market at times,for that big male getting me on the thumb yesterday,oh yeah the arrowhead i found yesterday was broke 9000 yrs ago I KNOW THAT WAS Ws FAULT TOO"

the president plays a major part in oil prices.during his fathers tenure you seen the price of oil jump.when we started the illegal war in iraq we seen the price of oil jump.we cut iraqs oil output capacity almost 80%.
we started a storm with iran,which drew the oil prices even higher,we started a storm with venezuala which drew the prices higher.george bush could have easily got us off of oil.after 9/11 when the country was ready to do anything the president wanted , bush could have simply said "we need to remove our dependance on foriegn oil,we need to find alternatives and stop supporting the terrorist countrys like saudi arabia" people would have listened and changed instead we got "you all need to go shopping,shop till you drop ,you go girl"

so yes,when we get another president i will already predict a drop in oil prices because of the current presidents hostile foriegn policy of isolating the usa with the world.
I can't see the prices dropping anytime till 2009 with a new president.theres more than enough oil right now.the problem lies in the fact we havent built a refinery since 1979 and the only option given to us is to drill in alaska.which of course doesnt solve the refinery problem.

if you wanna drive down the oil prices without goverment help,start a campaign like this

"every time you buy gasoline you are supporting osama bin ladin,you are supporting saudi arabia the worlds biggest human rights violator.
you are supporting irans nuclear weapons program."

this would send a better message than that of an oil executive getting a 420 million retirement package.
it would hit those really hard those who have been driven into fear by the politicians propoganda.then you would see a major drop in demand and prices lowered.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2006, 02:13:58 PM »

AHAHHAHHA
Islander
Lifetime Member

"Life is simple, its just not easy."

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2006, 02:16:31 PM »

AHAHHAHHA

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh Good Pics Russ!!  Grin

R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2006, 09:27:49 PM »

[
the president plays a major part in oil prices.during his fathers tenure you seen the price of oil jump.when we started the illegal war in iraq

Illegal War?Huh???How in the [Sam Hill] can you sit there and call it a illegal war when Congress voted to do it and don't hand me that [curd] about the UN since we know now that Russia and Frace was in bed with Saddam. That SOB jacked the weapons inspectors around, kept places off limits to them ,and them kicked them out . For 9 yrs he thumbed his nose at the US and the UN, AND YOU WILL SEE THE PRICE OF OIL FALL LONG BEFORE WE GET JEB IN FOR PRESIDENT

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2006, 09:31:27 PM »

I got news for ya RD, Jeb ain't gonna happen.........and neither will about 70% of any other repubicans come election time. No one knows who to blame, but blame someone they will!!! Come election time, change will be embraced. JMO

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2006, 09:48:34 PM »

I can't see a change, the economy is great people are spending and building, I'm not getting much of it but it;s not the republicans fault, we haven't had a terrorist attack since 9-11 Thank God and all the people involved, Y'all live to close to DC. I am surrounded by State of Fla workers being in the Tallahassee area and they all hate Jeb,swore that he didn't have the snowballs chance of getting reelected, they didn't know the rest of the state loved him for making all those budget cuts and trimming the state agencies. and it's that way with the Republicans, the futher you get from DC the more we like what they have done.Y'all want to bitch about the Tax cuts to the rich i got a news flash for you the poor don't pay much taxes so you can't give them a cut, but they did the next best thing money back whether you payed any in or not just as long as you filed. It is the rich who make the country go. They create the jobs,

- John Wayne
F.I.sherman

Is bin laden still enjoying his bahama's vacation?

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2006, 09:49:45 PM »

"Illegal War?Huh???How in the [Sam Hill] can you sit there and call it a illegal war when Congress voted to do it and don't hand me that [curd] about the UN since we know now that Russia and Frace was in bed with Saddam. That SOB jacked the weapons inspectors around, kept places off limits to them ,and them kicked them out . For 9 yrs he thumbed his nose at the US and the UN, AND YOU WILL SEE THE PRICE OF OIL FALL LONG BEFORE WE GET JEB IN FOR PRESIDENT"

the U.N ?
lol thats hillarious since the U.N already stated there where no weapons,then the usa invaded illegally and ended up with the same results.
As far as jeb bush,i dont see it happinin but then again florida is so screwed up they couldnt vote for paper in plastic.lets go ahead and vote for jeb bush so we can further alienate the rest of the world with us.its bad enough you cant goto any other country in the world besides canada with an american flag on your back without being shot.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin
Geckert

John Martin Linde Jr.

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2006, 09:54:25 PM »

I like GW as much as the next guy but when 2 friends I knew died there I decided I liked him less. Much Less. Genicide? let them all kill each other off I really do not care. What I care about is the fact that as powerful of a country we think we are we can allow terrorists that we knew were here crash planes into buildings( I lost 5 people I grew up with there). The problem is with our Gorernments not our one government but all of them since you know just as well as I do none of the angencies communicate more than they think the others should know. Communication is everything and the US seems to be the worst at it. There are too many angencies that have controll over things here and that is the problem..

Now onto my gas gripe.

The oil industry should regulated like a public utility I think. The state and feds regulate the [Sam Hill] out of the nat gas, elec, and water and sewer are all regulated by them. Why? because it is a necessity. same as gasoline. Electric is a public utility that is privately owned and big oil should be regulated the same. I think there would be more problems if your gas went out for a week than if your power did. so please tell me why big oil is still the way it is. I believe that if they can call eminent domain on someones home and property to build a new road or office complex because it is for the better of the people I think they should be able to do it to Big oil. JMO

And IMO this term could not end soon enough.

I now have a list.
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2006, 10:01:51 PM »

[

The oil industry should regulated like a public utility I think.
Never thought about that before it would work except if you go look at all your public utility bills check out all the taxes and surcharges after they add it all up they tax it again thats the way around getting rate hikes from the commission

- John Wayne
Geckert

John Martin Linde Jr.

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2006, 10:14:55 PM »

state and federal taxes on gasoline make up I would say at least 25% of the cost of a gallon of gasoline I think that should come form the oil companies for enviornmental issues arising from the transport and production of the product. Tax them obviouly they can afford it why tax the little guy out of business. less business=less taxes for the state and small business does not get near the tax breaks that the major ones get. That really makes no sense to me. Use more pay less.Destroy more pay less. Make a living pay it all because every one else has a break. I am just glab I loose money every year. Thank you fed for allowing us to incorporate in another state.

I now have a list.

R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2006, 10:35:59 PM »

See what you are saying Geckert? all you would be doing is making the oil Cos pass the tax on to the consumer then, you would still end up paying but you would be giving them even more dicrestion in setting the price of a Gal. of gas...,The last I heard the Tax on a Gal. of gas was 46 cents and it was that much when gas was 1.00 a Gal.

- John Wayne
Geckert

John Martin Linde Jr.

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2006, 10:43:23 PM »

I just think that if the government can just take the house that you live in for 90 years to modernize and make the area more economicially benificial then they shoule be able to do something about this. After all it is the gov that put them in business with all the grants for research to find oil and do studys on econimic impact of the business. I was meaning that if the gov regulated them then taxed the producers more not just a one or the other. But combine the two and we would all be happy since the oil companies would have to find more ways to be profitable. you know modernize with all the profits they make. The really sick part is if they build a new refinery the government would put up the money through grants and loans. F big oil buy a 4 stroke and put a hitch on your moped.

I now have a list.
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2006, 06:27:19 AM »

...if the government didn't......it's stupid! How could you rely on one thing to run your whole economy, and beg for it from countries that hate you?

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
crabbygramps
In Memoriam (1/2013)
Lifetime Member

awww geeeez....another one

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2006, 06:58:24 AM »

All this is extremely confusing Huh Huh I thought I remembered something about "by the people..for the people", etc. How did we get to "for the wealthy, by the party, of the oil company" etc??? Said this once before, gotta say it again..."the man, not the party". Now class, can we find a common denominator as to the events of the past 6 or 7 years.. Roll Eyes Lips Sealed I can!!! If your the "Captain", YOU are the one to take credit or blame. Just ask Ken Lay laugh By the way, I've voted for the "republican" (man) ever since we lost JFK... The public polls put my voting selections at 29%.. Shocked I think it's time to change capta....er ships. How bout' it RD Huh Feel like runnin come election time?? Undecided You could make Geckert or Chris your VP. I like the sound of that...Crabbers take charge!!! Grin You got my vote Wink

"CHESAPEAKE FEVER" catch it and you'll know "WYE"
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2006, 07:00:50 AM »

.......I'd be honored to work under Mr. R.D. Smiley

in·teg·ri·ty   

R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2006, 07:49:01 AM »

Hmmmmmmmm  long hrs, low pay, working vacations,everybody blame the ills of the world on you. Sounds no different than being a Commercial fisherman.But my foreign policy sucks, I would have bulldozed Iraq and already turned Iran into glass.And I would force Fox to teach English in the Mexican grade schools, and i would tell Germany that France is yours for the taking, that we wont bail them out the next time

- John Wayne
Stevo
Lifetime Member

It's all fun and games 'til someone gets steamed!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2006, 08:11:21 AM »

Hmmmmmmmm  long hrs, low pay, working vacations,everybody blame the ills of the world on you. Sounds no different than being a Commercial fisherman.But my foreign policy sucks, I would have bulldozed Iraq and already turned Iran into glass.And I would force Fox to teach English in the Mexican grade schools, and i would tell Germany that France is yours for the taking, that we wont bail them out the next time

RD, That's exactly why we wouldn't make it as poloticians, we make too much sense and aren't b.s. ultra-liberal biased to everyones "feelings and personal preferences"

I would spend the next decade making every possible effort to make America self sufficient and tell the rest of the world it's time to grow up and take care of yourselves, I'm taking care of my country and tired of babysitting and begging you for resources, HERE'S Your SIGN !
And By the way, do anything that's a threat to us, and you'll be an Annex of the U.S.A. and we will send all the illegal immigrants we can round up to rebuild your land.

I know I shouldn't go here, but we as a country are so damned wrapped up in the special needs of select groups and special interests of other groups that the good of us as a nation has taken back seat................... Anybody ever study the Roman Empire?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 08:15:11 AM by Stevo » Logged

This website is member-supported. Please help by becoming a Supporting Member today!
Stevo
Lifetime Member

It's all fun and games 'til someone gets steamed!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2006, 08:25:39 AM »

Before I start a BCA Conflict, let me state that I am not biased based on race, color, sex, creed, or anything else. America was built on the influence of just about every race, color, sex , and creed out there and that is what makes us such a great place. But for ( insert your choice here)'s sake, I would not move to another country and expect them to cater to my language because I am there, or disallow thier religious practices in school because mine are different, or expect thier government to give me free health care and welfare because I am hungry. There are certain situations which require aide to our citizens, and I am all for that, but at some point we need to stand up and be responsible for our own actions and not dependent on others or our government!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 08:27:13 AM by Stevo » Logged

This website is member-supported. Please help by becoming a Supporting Member today!
captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2006, 08:50:33 AM »

The BIG problem with outrageous fuel costs boils down to about 6 major causes.   The top two causes, not necessarily listed in order:    1,   ELECTED OFFICIALS that approved buyouts and mergers of OIL COMPANIES, that created Monster Oil Companies or Monopolies Angry Angry......     2,  Environmentalists that opposed every attempt the oil companies made to build new refineries over the last 30 years.     I for one wasn't overwhelmed when Crown proposed building a refinery in Baltimore about 25 years ago, but I was in favor of the project.     I do believe in Environmental Watchdogs, but it bothers me when nobody wants a Refinery, Landfill, Disposal Plant, Prison and etc.     The same people that oppose such progress, still expect all the benefits from the opposed projects.

Supporter and Lifetime Member
2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!
captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2006, 08:56:10 AM »

Before I start a BCA Conflict, let me state that I am not biased based on race, color, sex, creed, or anything else. America was built on the influence of just about every race, color, sex , and creed out there and that is what makes us such a great place. But for ( insert your choice here)'s sake, I would not move to another country and expect them to cater to my language because I am there, or disallow thier religious practices in school because mine are different, or expect thier government to give me free health care and welfare because I am hungry. There are certain situations which require aide to our citizens, and I am all for that, but at some point we need to stand up and be responsible for our own actions and not dependent on others or our government!
Well said Stevo... Wink     Maybe you should start a poll on that subject.... Smiley Smiley Smiley

Supporter and Lifetime Member
2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home