December 09, 2019, 01:21:22 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Projects  (Read 3094 times)
U / W HUNTER

Ignore
« on: December 08, 2016, 11:29:07 PM »

Slow time on the forums,
Does anybody have any crabbing related winter projects they have planned to avoid cabin fever Huh
I have already picked up the material to make between 10 to 15 topless traps to add to my arsenal of crabbing related toys,
I should be starting construction the week after new years, hopefully they should be ready to go by spring
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 beautiful girls.........and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 07:30:08 AM »

Finish rehabbing the newest boat - 25' C-Hawk w/pilot house
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 09:37:57 AM by Crabbyd » Logged

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 07:43:54 AM »

Install auto dipper puchased a few months ago, change canopy support feet that have rusted away, build or buy atleast 1 1500 ft snooded trotline and add snoods to my other 2 lines between every 12 ft spaced clam line so they will be duel purpose. All have to be done B 4 my late April trip to jamacia with the wife. Oh i almost forgot make new clam bags D .
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 08:13:31 AM »

Install auto dipper puchased a few months ago, change canopy support feet that have rusted away, build or buy atleast 1 1500 ft snooded trotline and add snoods to my other 2 lines between every 12 ft spaced clam line so they will be duel purpose. All have to be done B 4 my late April trip to jamacia with the wife. Oh i almost forgot make new clam bags D .

need to get that shipped.  Wink

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
on the hook
Lifetime Member

Location: Central Pa/S Jersey till I can find some work somewhere

I love crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 08:27:22 AM »

https://www.bluecrab.info/forum/index.php?topic=84426.0

I'm niether proud nor embarrassed, I'm a man....Sometimes I sh!t my pants.....It's part of the deal.

rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 10:05:39 AM »

Thx D, i was going to type in Hint Hint but didn't want to push the issue. Will you get your boat finished by spring ? cant wait to see it. would like to have the cabin model of my boat and they did make one to fit it but they;ve been out of biz for a good while now.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 10:25:08 PM »

Thx D, i was going to type in Hint Hint but didn't want to push the issue. Will you get your boat finished by spring ? cant wait to see it. would like to have the cabin model of my boat and they did make one to fit it but they;ve been out of biz for a good while now.

I hope to have it done by spring.  Im shooting for having the new motor next month.

Gary S

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 10:38:30 PM »

My crabin boat is a 2000 Kenner 15' Pro Skiff that I got in early summer and it has bottom paint that is flaky at spots and tight at spots. I'd like to get it flipped upside down on the trailer and work at removing the rest of the bottom paint and then decide whether to re-do with bottom paint, repaint with something else, or just leave unpainted.
r_ventura_23

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 09:06:34 AM »

I am building a "crab room."  Plan on having a table, with a brown paper roll on the wall, so you just tear a piece off and eat.  Lots of cool crabbing signs on the walls.  I will try to post pictures as I go.
Grizzly36

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 11:11:23 AM »

Trap maintenance. new lines, new zip ties, check the hog rings holding them together, and add weights. Also considering re-powering the boat this year. Need to go to something bigger.  A new 40 or 50 with jack plate. The 25 just isn't enough.

Trips              
Bushels          
Traps            
Trotline      
Crabs picked

crewstation
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 11:30:02 AM »

I am building a "crab room."  Plan on having a table, with a brown paper roll on the wall, so you just tear a piece off and eat.  Lots of cool crabbing signs on the walls.  I will try to post pictures as I go.

If a female shows up in your "crab room", will you throw her back outside?   Wink Grin

Oh, de crab, he taste so fine.
Yuh catch 'um wid a neck an' a line.
Bile de water 'til 'e good 'n hot.
Den eat de crab strait from 'de pot.

Oh, de beer, he taste so chilly.
Drinks it 'til I gets too silly.
Washin' down 'de crab an' butter.
If I doesn't fall down, I'll 'ave anudder.
crewstation
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 11:37:10 AM »

I am still trying to figure out a winter project.  Last year it was 39 ring traps.  The two prior years I made a few hundred topless traps and sold them.  I was hoping to find something different this winter, but so far I come home from work, head into my garage, and try to come up with something.  Maybe that'll be my winter project.

I did spend a few days recently making 24 floats out of dowel rods for a fellow BCA'er (the floats hold up the "door lines", not the main line).  Other than that, thumbs are twiddling. 

Oh, de crab, he taste so fine.
Yuh catch 'um wid a neck an' a line.
Bile de water 'til 'e good 'n hot.
Den eat de crab strait from 'de pot.

Oh, de beer, he taste so chilly.
Drinks it 'til I gets too silly.
Washin' down 'de crab an' butter.
If I doesn't fall down, I'll 'ave anudder.
r_ventura_23

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 12:06:35 PM »

If a female shows up in your "crab room", will you throw her back outside?   Wink Grin

Depends.  Are we talking about crabs?  Grin
bgfishhook1
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 10:29:33 PM »

I gave up my camper last year, it was on a Campground on Long Neck road in Delaware. I fished the ocean most of the time and got quite good at it with loads of Flounder and Black Sea Bass ( Black Willies ) Croakers Etc Etc. I had not crabbed for a few years and sold a lot of my gear so this winter I decided to go full bore back into Crabbing. I just finished 30 Crab Net Rings to the point that they just need the buoys on the pull lines. I have made 20 short 4 door collapse-able traps and I would like to have another 10 to complete the arsenal of metal traps. I have the line to make my trot line but I am not sure if I am going to make one. At present I have two 2,200 foot lines with 9" droppers that I used in the 1970s they are stored in 2 five gallon buckets with lids on them in the loft in my garage, I suppose they are still O K .I have most of the winter work done already except maybe a little tweaking here and there. I missed crabbing this past season with a broken boat trailer but I am ready now with a like new trailer for my 19' 6" Aquasport. That's about it guys I'm about ready for the upcoming season. I hope to see some of you on the water if I am on the north side of the sod !

BGFISHHOOK1   AKA   Bob Giberson   Skipper on FISHHOOK1     >>>>> LATER !
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 12:39:38 AM by bgfishhook1 » Logged

Get it on !
A good one to remember is !
Keep your friends close, BUT keep your enemies CLOSER !
I am nobody, and nobody is perfect, therefore I am _________!
A truth that's told with bad intent  beats all the lies you can invent.
It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am ! JUST JOKING.
I thought that I made a mistake once , but I was WRONG.
Remember " A rose by any other name will smell just as  sweet  "
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2016, 07:11:22 AM »

I am still trying to figure out a winter project.  Last year it was 39 ring traps.  The two prior years I made a few hundred topless traps and sold them.  I was hoping to find something different this winter, but so far I come home from work, head into my garage, and try to come up with something.  Maybe that'll be my winter project.

I did spend a few days recently making 24 floats out of dowel rods for a fellow BCA'er (the floats hold up the "door lines", not the main line).  Other than that, thumbs are twiddling. 

I have 25' of boat that needs filler and sanding if your thumbs get tired of twiddling.....  LOL

Carolina skiff121
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 05:43:49 PM »

Building new trotline roller out of wood/aluminum

repairing 4000 foot of trotline- new snoods, snubbers

re roping anchors, floats, chains

setting up a new chest freezer

organizing a buyer for 2017 (anyone interested, Dm Me)

building a model deadrise with working engines

Mike
badhabit

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 06:13:35 AM »

I have a 23 c-hawk I am rebuilding. I just put a composite transom in it now I am working on the stringers. crabbyd I thought your project was a c-hawk.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 09:37:00 AM »

I have a 23 c-hawk I am rebuilding. I just put a composite transom in it now I am working on the stringers. crabbyd I thought your project was a c-hawk.

It is a C- hawk.  Brain fart for me?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home