Pretty rare around here.

Started by Hardshell Tony, December 13, 2016, 09:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardshell Tony

1st picture was in early Oct. We've seen several piebalds,but never one completely white.Much to our surprise we got the 2nd picture last week.

Hardshell Tony

Crabbyd

Cool and such a rare beauty for one but two is awesome
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"

tattoo

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.

ChrisS

pretty rare anywhere, thanks for posting!
in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

indoe

That is really cool. I dont Think I have ever seen one in real life.
Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!

samiam

Quote from: Hardshell Tony on December 13, 2016, 09:00:45 AM
1st picture was in early Oct. We've seen several piebalds,but never one completely white.Much to our surprise we got the 2nd picture last week.
Are you in a position to observe this particular group over time? It would be interesting to see if there is any apparent effect of the albinism on survival.

anchor

a few years back i saw a mating pair of albino whitetails in cape henelopen state park. i got pics of the buck and doe standing in the middle of a soccer field. awesome pics Tony!

suzyq52

There's a whole bunch of them in an old army depot property in the Finger Lakes area of New York. We'd drive by the property on the way to where a four-day dog show weekend was near there.

Here's a website for them: http://senecawhitedeer.org/
I can only stress on so many things in one day - looks like you're not making the list. Tomorrow isn't looking so hot, either.

moecrabs

I never herd of this before. Thanks for sharing it Susy. Very interesting.

rockyoutdoors

Neat to see. Thanks for sharing.

Hardshell Tony

Quote from: samiam on December 14, 2016, 05:31:19 AM
Are you in a position to observe this particular group over time? It would be interesting to see if there is any apparent effect of the albinism on survival.
At least one made it so far. We saw her on Friday night,couldn't get a picture.My daughter drives by the area several times a week, but this is the first sighting since last picture.There's still 3 weeks of hunting season left,we're keeping our fingers crossed.

Chef Lar

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

MCC CRAB

My brother just emailed me the other day, that he saw one at his work in Edgewater. They are something to see I  have seen 3 different ones myself in the past few years.

Hardshell Tony

It's been about 10 weeks since the end of deer season. No sign of the white deer.