November 18, 2018, 06:18:54 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marylandís veteran crab manager fired after watermen complain to Hogan  (Read 16881 times)
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 12:01:05 PM »

rude130 your a mess, no one said Brenda Davis was a liar, re read the statment. What was said was that Davis called the comm crabbers liars as did others at dnr in regards to comm crab reports. Did you vote for Hillary?
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 12:37:15 PM »

I ask if the liar comment can be backed up. Just someone's opinion , I guess, no proof but hearsay or misinterpretation. . Doubt she straight out called anyone a liar, not professional.  If she called out someone as a liar, that would be wrong too. Just like to see some documentation that she did it.

Davis will be interesting  if she write's a tell all,  but probably not enough interest  for it. Hope she gets another job with the state of MD, she sure  earned that retirement money.
reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2017, 12:48:17 PM »

I ask if the liar comment can be backed up. Just someone's opinion , I guess, no proof but hearsay or misinterpretation. . Doubt she straight out called anyone a liar, not professional.  If she called out someone as a liar, that would be wrong too. Just like to see some documentation that she did it.

Davis will be interesting  if she write's a tell all,  but probably not enough interest  for it. Hope she gets another job with the state of MD, she sure  earned that retirement money.

Number one....Apparently you are a troll. Nine posts and you want to argue what DNR did or did not say.
Number Two....I'm done. You belong on Toilet Flush with the rest of the experts.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2017, 01:42:30 PM »

Wow, that turned hostile. Not sure what happened, just discussing  some things. Slandering comes easy I guess.  Toilet Flush ? , don't know anything about that.
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2017, 03:32:23 PM »

Tidal Fish is another forum that has a crabbers forum in it as well as fishing forums. On tidalfish everyone is anti comm. as far as fisheries go. you may enjoy that forum better.

evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2017, 04:38:58 PM »

Thanks for the info on the other forum. Seems more about fishing. I'll stick with this forum, most posters seem more friendly then you or the other poster.  Your issues are not for me, it's about crabbing info,

Wonder if the person who shut down the crabbing in Louisiana for a month got fired?
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2017, 07:01:29 PM »

They shut down the fishery for a month every year to collect derelict crab pots - you'll have to look elsewhere for a controversy.
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2017, 07:45:47 PM »

It's libel, not slander

in∑teg∑ri∑ty   
Ėnoun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2017, 08:08:26 PM »

http://www.fox8live.com/story/34527307/how-will-louisianas-crabbing-ban-affect-restaurants-and-recreational-fishing       

According to this, a different reason for the closure.  Also some closure for the next 3 years.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2017, 08:13:45 PM »

Thanks for the term libel, either way, using a forum to insult someone is interesting. Being civil goes a long way, it shows character in my opinion. But some seem to think they can post what they want and you're suppose to not question them.  Like mikie try to do , easy to post the real reason.  That's creating a controversy, not telling the truth.

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2017, 06:34:52 AM »

be that as it may, She was fired and I find it hard to believe it was because some watermen were sour about current regulations.

in∑teg∑ri∑ty   
Ėnoun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2017, 07:50:23 AM »

Hope not.  http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/dan-rodricks-blog/bs-md-rodricks-0305-20170304-story.html

She surely had previous decisions made that didn't sit well with some.  Like the Louisiana decision, it was based on being proactive about the crabs future. Something I'm all for.  Tough job doing things that some aren't in agreement with. Let's see who replaces her. Hopefully someone with no affiliations with special interest groups.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2017, 08:16:06 AM »

A response from some Louisiana crabbers, http://www.nola.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2017/02/crabbers_lament_30-day_shutdow.html

Can't blame them, it was a decision made on science and being proactive about the future of the crab population. I'll bet the response in MD would be the same.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2017, 02:24:48 PM »

Latest article on Hogan and the firing of Brenda Davis   http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-brenda-davis-hearing-20170309-story.html
joecrabbr

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2017, 03:19:43 PM »

Hope not.  http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/dan-rodricks-blog/bs-md-rodricks-0305-20170304-story.html

She surely had previous decisions made that didn't sit well with some.  Like the Louisiana decision, it was based on being proactive about the crabs future. Something I'm all for.  Tough job doing things that some aren't in agreement with. Let's see who replaces her. Hopefully someone with no affiliations with special interest groups.

You have all the answers yet the reason she was fired has not been released. Just a bunch of assumptions!! Let the truth come out whether its wrong or right.

rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2017, 07:18:07 AM »

exactly.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2017, 05:02:04 PM »

The DNR official says why Davis was fired.   " Belton previously said he has the right to ensure the department has " the right people in the right places" My only comment was, making tough decisions on the future of the crabs makes some mad. Simple as that, I offered no answers that I know of.

Quote by the DNR official is fact, not something some are using selective interpretation . An answer was given , just not in detail that people wanted.  I would imagine right now Belton isn't giving any reason other then what he said. Politicians are interesting, most likely CYA is going to happen.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 05:13:30 PM by evinrude 130 » Logged
genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2017, 08:56:30 PM »

When Grant money is involved in many of these studies,science goes out the window.........
redhanded

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2017, 11:20:33 PM »

scientist don't get paid if there isn't a "problem"
reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2017, 06:58:01 AM »

When are the commercial guys going to micro manage the rec fisheries like they do to us? No time??? Make time. The end result could be interesting!!!

Rec's have complained to the MGA about the firing of the DNR person. I guess a committee of "do nothing's but spend taxpayer money" will investigate.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 07:54:49 AM by reds » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home