November 14, 2018, 02:35:58 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bait holders  (Read 4209 times)
ramssl

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2017, 09:54:37 PM »

Yea I'm starting to like the one I modified a lot better, takes up half the room in the cage and still plenty of room for bait.

Life isn't  like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of jalapeņos.  What you do today, might burn your a$$ tomorrow."
CaptMoose
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2017, 09:30:19 AM »

For those using cages, how do you keep the door closed?  How do you secure the cage in the trap?  Looks interesting.  I use snoods and love them but they are not immune to bait stealing.  Close though.

23' C Hawk
ramssl

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 10:12:24 AM »

For those using cages, how do you keep the door closed?  How do you secure the cage in the trap?  Looks interesting.  I use snoods and love them but they are not immune to bait stealing.  Close though.
I use zip ties to secure it to the bottom of the cage or you can use wire. Small zip tie after baiting will keep door closed, I also seen people use small bungee cords hooked to the cage to keep the door closed.

Life isn't  like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of jalapeņos.  What you do today, might burn your a$$ tomorrow."
Gary S

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2017, 09:16:28 PM »

For holding my bait cages I already have bait needles zip tied to the bottom so if I put some fish scraps in a cage I just put lid down and run the needle through. I kept the lids small enough to push into the cage so I can usually put the needle through the sides holding the lid shut.
Crabcruncher

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2017, 11:41:43 AM »

With the use of snoods and clam bags, metal bait cages are quickly becoming obsolete.  If your traps already have snoods, and you want to add a bait that needs a cage around it, just put the bait in a clam bag and snood the bag to the trap.

Say brother....can you spare a crab...

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home