Capt. Ron Turkey hunting Louisiana 04-06-17

Started by capt. ron, April 06, 2017, 07:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. ron

Well I'll post this under hunting but I'm not sure if I was the hunter or the hunted.

I've been turkey hunting the past couple of days and this morning while hunting this black bear walked up from behind. Its the first time I've encountered a bear in the woods.  Its one thing to see these animals from your vehicle or from a deer stand but to be that close and eye to eye was a little scary.

I thought he walked away but moments later he was standing by my Jake decoy smelling where I stood and my scent on the decoy.  Now the decoy is about 15' away from where I was sitting.  With both hands on my shotgun I yelled at him to get away.  In full camo and face mask on I don't think he knew what I was only that a human was yelling at him.  He slowly walked away looking over his left shoulder. 

Ronnie
laissez les bon temps rouler
let the good times roll

BirdsNestKing

At the end of the day, it's not about how many fish or crabs you put in the cooler but about how many memories you put in your life and the lives of your "mates".

evinrude 130

Pretty sure your heart was beating a little faster then usual. Did you get to shoot at anything?

capt crab

tattoo

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Crab Nebula

Does a bear sh*t in the woods? Yes, and so did Ronnie!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edaoud

Ronnie, do we expect bear meat at the Wye this year?  :)

U / W HUNTER

indoe

Is there a new bear rug in the living room?
Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!

Hardshell Tony

Some days in the woods are extra special.

jack1747

Good he walked away.  8) You would'a had to get WAY to close to him :o , to do much harm with turkey loads.  ;D
"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)

capt. ron

The Louisiana Black Bear was almost extinct in the Mississippi Delta.  About 10 years ago the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries reintroduced the Black Bear back into the Mississippi Delta area.  Without predators the bears have really thrived.  There hasn't been an incident that I know of where a bear has attacked a human.  But as their numbers grow its only a matter of time before a hunter walks up on a mother bear with cubs in the dark.  LWF's say that there will be a bear season but that's to be seen.

Ronnie
laissez les bon temps rouler
let the good times roll

lefty87