August 16, 2018, 11:30:57 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crab Cakes  (Read 5060 times)
Neither Crab

Ignore
« on: April 28, 2017, 11:49:29 AM »

Aside from mixing together the traditional  Mayo( Hellman's for me)   Worcestershire Sauce ( lea & Perrins, my favorite)1 egg per pound of crab meat , mustard ?( I like mustard on hot dogs, not in  my Lump Crab Cakes ) .Old Bay to taste all mixed together then poured into the crab meat and gently folded in not to mash up the lump crabmet.Then there's bread crumbs. I've found Progresso bread crumbs in the "Garlic & Herb" sprinkled on and folded in to reach the consistency you want to really add a nice flavor. Progresso is easy to use, every thing you need is in it in my palatable opinion  and it tastes great in crab cakes. Letting the cakes set up in the fridge to let the crumbs soak up any excess moisture helps hole them together when cooking. I also fry them on medium heat in imported ,Kerrygold Garlic & Herb Butter. If you like Garlic & Herbs give it a try. It doesn't over power the flavor of the cake, it enhances it.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 11:56:16 AM »

sounds good

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 04:37:42 PM »

Thanks

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Misterdavey

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 04:56:20 PM »

While our our way home to NY from Washington DC we stopped by Baltimore inner harbor and tried crab cakes from all the restaurants. The winner was the crab cakes from an Irish pub named Tir Na Nog.I think I'm pretty close to knocking off the recipe. 1-mashed potatoes with roasted garlic,old bay to taste ,an egg or mayo to bind.All in food processor with plenty of butter. 2-fold lump crabmeat into mashed potato.Light coat of flour and fried.
Crabcruncher

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 02:30:39 PM »

An Irish pub and left over garlic mashed potatoes, what could possibly go wrong?

Say brother....can you spare a crab...

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home