June 24, 2019, 01:44:24 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Crab Industry Advisory Committee Meeting  (Read 19064 times)
reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2017, 10:17:23 AM »

Here is a DNR page to rate their customer service and transparency.

http://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=DNR&SurveyID=86M2956#

Senate Bill 59 of 2017 shows just how much DNR's transparency sucks.

Let you feelings be known. Fill out the questions with honest answers.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2017, 10:43:58 AM »

Thanks for the link to the DNR page. I answered honestly and made comments on how they are doing. It's obvious not everyone will be happy with current decisions made. But the DNR serves all folks who use the Chesapeake Bay. No one special group can get their way without others protesting.  That's a given.
reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2017, 11:46:59 AM »

Thanks for the link to the DNR page. I answered honestly and made comments on how they are doing. It's obvious not everyone will be happy with current decisions made. But the DNR serves all folks who use the Chesapeake Bay. No one special group can get their way without others protesting.  That's a given.

Here is a website especially for you. With 200+ posts in such a short time, I'm sure you need it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eagle-Claw-Troll-Combo-Rod-And-Reel-Level-Wind-With-Counter-2-Piece-/222171133511?hash=item33ba6e7647:g:tNEAAOSwImRYaknb
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2017, 12:42:23 PM »

I've got 4 330GT  Penns, don't need anymore to catch what I need, LOL. There will be more posts, I'm sure of it. This is a great forum for those that appreciate it.

So what else happened at this meeting? Any specifics? How about the possible change of crab size limits? What about the sook quota? 
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2017, 01:42:39 PM »

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"

evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2017, 08:18:31 PM »

Who's really the trolls  

Trolling is an Internet slang term used to describe any Internet user behavior that is meant to intentionally anger or frustrate someone else, though not to be confused with cyberbullying, a form of online harassment carried out against an individual in a deliberately hostile manner, often without any reason, or pranking, which similarly involves playing jokes on strangers for one’s amusement, but typically implies more coordination and intent.

Maybe cyberbullying?  Either way, I'll continue to post and ignore those who can't discuss the topic .  Since it was an advisory committee meeting, have to wait for any type of changes the DNR makes. One way or the other, the DNR will be responsible for the results of how the crab season works out.
Crab U Later

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2017, 07:45:58 AM »

I've got 4 330GT  Penns, don't need anymore to catch what I need, LOL. There will be more posts, I'm sure of it. This is a great forum for those that appreciate it.

So what else happened at this meeting? Any specifics? How about the possible change of crab size limits? What about the sook quota? 

About crews for CB6  CB9. No change in size limits and talked about plans for the female bushel limits though the season.
Seaweed
Supporting Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2017, 10:38:14 AM »

What about the  start time issue?

Git 'r dun!
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2017, 02:26:40 PM »

Crab U Later, thanks for that info.

Did they mention if another advisory committee meeting would be held again or was this last meeting, it for the year? I'd be interested in what steps they take to inform folks of changes for the future. Seems odd they don't have their PR people reaching out to all crabbers.

With todays technology and Email system, they should get up to speed with communicating better. If it wasn't for this forum, many had no idea about the meeting.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2017, 03:26:01 PM »

Did they mention if another advisory committee meeting would be held again or was this last meeting, it for the year? I'd be interested in what steps they take to inform folks of changes for the future. Seems odd they don't have their PR people reaching out to all crabbers.

With todays technology and Email system, they should get up to speed with communicating better. If it wasn't for this forum, many had no idea about the meeting.

It wasn't geared towards the rec.  The meeting was for those in the INDUSTRY.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"

rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2017, 03:55:28 PM »

I think on the start time issue that dnr has to have 2 public meetings before putting into effect so it would have to wait to labor day if then??? not sure.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2017, 05:12:05 PM »

Meeting begins at 6, not 630.  The bill passed.  It becomes law on July 1.

Is this true
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2017, 05:14:48 PM »

It wasn't geared towards the rec.  The meeting was for those in the INDUSTRY.

It's information regarding crabbing in the Chesapeake Bay. I would think all crabbers would be wanting to hear about any rule changes. It affects everyone who sets up gear to crab on the allotted days the DNR says we can crab.
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2017, 08:19:50 PM »

It's information regarding crabbing in the Chesapeake Bay. I would think all crabbers would be wanting to hear about any rule changes. It affects everyone who sets up gear to crab on the allotted days the DNR says we can crab.

First, let me say that you are more than welcome to attend any and all meetings of any advisory commission or committee. That said, the Blue Crab Industry Advisory Committee is tasked with advising DNR on issues pertaining to the commercial harvest of blue crabs only.  

Blue Crab Industry Advisory Committee
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2017, 09:29:09 PM »

First, let me say that you are more than welcome to attend any and all meetings of any advisory commission or committee. That said, the Blue Crab Industry Advisory Committee is tasked with advising DNR on issues pertaining to the commercial harvest of blue crabs only.  

I got that. But any rule changes made are of concern to other crabbers. There's numerous reasons for that. As if rule changes for non industry crabbers would be a concern for industry crabbers. Can't see why the DNR can't keep everyone informed.  The Advisory Committee should  have the  interest of the crab population in mind, which is also what the DNR should have. And it seems like they do at this point.

Crab U Later

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2017, 09:38:19 PM »

Yes they plan to have another one in june. They don't take any steps to inform us the crabber it's our responsibility to know the laws which is sad when you think about it and it's like pulling teeth trying to get a straight answere from them. And if you talk to 2 different people with DNR most likely you'll get two different answers.

This is only for the commerical fishery not rec. New law goes into effect July 1.
(Trotline gear may not be set earlier than the catch time established by the Department)

Crab U Later

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2017, 09:40:24 PM »

What about the  start time issue?

It's in the new bill
Trotline gear may not be set earlier than the catch time established by the Department.
reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2017, 06:10:26 AM »

It's in the new bill
Trotline gear may not be set earlier than the catch time established by the Department.

Guys....It;s obvious The troll knows the answer to the questions before they are asked.

He/she was either in the room at the meeting or has the agenda of the meeting. And you don't get the agenda unless you are on the committee or DNR.

Is Steve giving away lifetime memberships again or does $100 bills fall from the ski?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 06:27:09 AM by reds » Logged
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2017, 06:23:30 AM »

Yes they plan to have another one in june. They don't take any steps to inform us the crabber it's our responsibility to know the laws which is sad when you think about it and it's like pulling teeth trying to get a straight answere from them. And if you talk to 2 different people with DNR most likely you'll get two different answers.

This is only for the commerical fishery not rec. New law goes into effect July 1.
(Trotline gear may not be set earlier than the catch time established by the Department)

You are right about it being sad. Keeping the information out there could prevent any misunderstanding on current or new rule changes. Your comment about DNR giving different answers is a common complaint I read or hear about.

I had thought that Hogan and Belton would do a better job. They need to take care of the Bay and those that  pay fees to use it. Part of that is making sure the rules are clear and explained correctly.  Do you commercial guys have a liaison to the DNR or MD government ? Is that the job of the Waterman's president?
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2017, 07:24:14 AM »

Is every new traffic law advertised?  Is every new law for any matter advertised?  NO is the correct answer, so get off your soapbox talking about Belton and Hogan should do a better job informing everyone.  It is YOUR job to keep up.  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home