Newfoundland Bear Mount from 2015

Started by moecrabs, May 19, 2017, 11:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moecrabs

I got my bear mount back from a Newfoundland hunt in 2015. Thought i would share it with some fellow hunters.

rdbeard

discover

Moe, that is an awesome mount. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Gary S

Either your a short/small guy or that's a big black bear! Nice mount.

Crab Nebula

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Edaoud

arti0972

That is a nice bear there  Mr Moe.

Gary S

moecrabs

jtrex75

awesome job on that bear mount and nice kill mo !!!
All men die ,few ever really live .

Crabbyd

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"

rdbeard

did you eat that bear? i have had black bear and though it was somewhat like beef and very good in gravy and mushrooms sauce.

Gary S

Bear is more closely related to the swine family (pork) and so should be cooked thoroughly because of possible diseases. I've eaten a few but none that big, I like it.

evinrude 130

Wow, that's an attention getter and conversation subject. Thank's for the picture. Going to show it to my wife and ask her can I go bear hunting.

moecrabs

Bear meat makes the best stew in my book.It is delicious. i'll be going again in 3 weeks. Back to Newfoundland.

Crabbyd

Quote from: moecrabs on May 22, 2017, 02:20:58 PM
Bear meat makes the best stew in my book.It is delicious. i'll be going again in 3 weeks. Back to Newfoundland.

Do you have a guide service or something else?  Always wanted to do a bear hunt.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"

Hardshell Tony

You must have a cool Wife to let you put that Trophy in the house. Mine cut me off at 3 deerheads. That Mount is Priceless.

Loggy

WOW!!!  Outstanding mount of a great trophy!!! :thumbsup:

BJ1fish

Very nice . I really enjoyed talking to you about that hunt a couple years ago at the Wye. Good Luck on your next hunt.

rockyoutdoors

A true monster there Moe. Very impressive, congrats.