May 26, 2018, 09:36:41 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Location of license # on boat for Lcc  (Read 3173 times)
mtown

Ignore
« on: May 21, 2017, 10:31:38 AM »

I can't find this anywhere in DNR regs. Probably cause I do not know where to look.

Was going to stick them on today and did not want them to be in the wrong place.
Thanks.
reds

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 12:10:46 PM »

I can't find this anywhere in DNR regs. Probably cause I do not know where to look.

Was going to stick them on today and did not want them to be in the wrong place.
Thanks.

Mid boat to stern, anywhere you can see it. Day off goes on port side, near stern.
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 01:55:28 PM »

Reds, I got a ticket for not having day off on both sides

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
reds

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 02:29:07 PM »

Don't pay it.  
DNR was giving out tickets at the rod and reel last fall, for not having 4" numbers. Law was changed to 3" numbers last August 9, 2016.

Sometimes they make up sh!t too.

"(2) Display of Declaration. The letters for the abbreviation of the day off shall be identified and displayed on the vessel and shall be painted or firmly attached to the port side near the stern of the vessel."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 02:55:08 PM by reds » Logged
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 02:32:47 PM »

I already paid it, you almost need a lawyer on your boat now just to fish and crab.

I bet if you did have a lawyer on your boat, these unconstitutional stop and searches would cease as well.

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 02:40:17 PM »

Should have made them show you the Law! It definitely says port side

(2) Display of Declaration. The letters for the abbreviation of the day off shall be identified and displayed on the vessel and shall be painted or firmly attached to the port side near the stern of the vessel as follows:

(a) The letters shall be positioned in such a manner as to be clearly visible to persons in passing boats;

(b) The letters shall be plain vertical block characters of not less than 4 inches in height and shall contrast with the color of the background;

(c) The letters "SUN" shall be displayed as the abbreviation for Sundays; and

(d) The letters "MON" shall be displayed as the abbreviation for Monday.

They've since changed the 4" requirement to 3". Guess they haven't changed it in COMAR yet./

You guys beat me to it! Grin
reds

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 03:01:14 PM »

I already paid it, you almost need a lawyer on your boat now just to fish and crab.

I bet if you did have a lawyer on your boat, these unconstitutional stop and searches would cease as well.

The search is stipulated in the comar regs. You have to agree to it when you first receive your TFL.

You agree to your vehicle, place of business and walk in's.

They even tried to make it your home, but the Maryland General Assembly wouldn't go along with that. Big surprise.
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 03:34:33 PM »

what about recreationally, just cruising. Ive been stopped doing that as well.

Ive since put numbers on both sides, just in case

in·teg·ri·ty   
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 03:44:44 PM »

The License number DOES have to be on both sides. The day off only has to be on the port side/aft.
The License number only has to be on the left side of your vehicle. It's also supposed to be anywhere you're holding or transporting crabs,
like your walk-in.
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 03:53:30 PM »

That's what I meant, Ive since put both on both sides

in·teg·ri·ty   

mtown

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 04:38:04 PM »

Thanks guys.
I can chip in some info about the day off. I am sure I read that you can register online to change your day off weekly if I remember correctly.
It is pretty new and I did not read it carefully, but that should make it less likely to be hassled about the day off posting on the boat.

I am new at having the LCC and only got it to keep from getting fined for a couple pots now and then. I am pissed that I will be breaking the law if I pull my pots to put ashore after 2:00 pm when I have to go back to work on Monday.
Sorry to rant, but simply reading all the regs. and trying to be compliant is crazy.
mtown

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 04:40:30 PM »

By the way is it port side facing forward or aft laugh

Good Stooges stuff there.
Seaweed

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 09:39:47 PM »

This might be the most ridiculous ticket I've ever heard of.  One year its the enforcement of the injury plaque, then its the stupid line on the throw cushion, then its the 4" vs. 3" numbers... now this?  Meanwhile you've got people starting early, taking too much, setting on top of each other... why don't they worry about stuff like that???

Seen plenty of ramshackle workboats with letters and number falling off, missing, and barely readable.  I'm wondering how many tickets those guys get.  NONE.

Git 'r dun!
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 10:16:17 PM »

Seaweed,
The funny thing was, I was stopped in the evening, with my gf crabbing recreationally. I wasn't even crabbing commercially.

in·teg·ri·ty   
reds

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 05:39:34 AM »

Thanks guys.
I can chip in some info about the day off. I am sure I read that you can register online to change your day off weekly if I remember correctly.
It is pretty new and I did not read it carefully, but that should make it less likely to be hassled about the day off posting on the boat.

I am new at having the LCC and only got it to keep from getting fined for a couple pots now and then. I am pissed that I will be breaking the law if I pull my pots to put ashore after 2:00 pm when I have to go back to work on Monday.
Sorry to rant, but simply reading all the regs. and trying to be compliant is crazy.

You need to call Annapolis about the changing of the day off.

I think you can only change it when you renew your license in August. But that may have been changed recently with the electronic reporting.

DNR having 3 reporting systems is mind boggling.

Pots can only be fished up to 7 1/2 hours after sun up.

rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2017, 08:00:30 AM »

DNR stopped me in Thompson creek years ago and was going to write me for only having the cushion and no life ring. she started writing and i got the book out and showed her the law and my boat at that time was 20 ft. She got really mad but stopped writing,she couldn't find anything and left. what an attitude and i though i was bad.
mtown

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2017, 03:39:47 PM »

I was away, just got home and pulled the notice about flexible day off.
It is available if you E-Report with "FACTS" from phone, tablet, or computer. You can decide your day off each week.
Contact is Stephanie Richards 410-260-8314 DNR
[email protected]

I have not signed up, but would be interested in hearing from someone that has.

Glynn

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2017, 09:10:16 PM »

Mtown, I am using FACTS.  It's pretty smooth so far.  You have to attend one of the classes and set up your account on your phone/tablet/laptop etc.  Once your account is activated and you set up your account, you can load multiple landing locations, then just scroll down and press send.  Instead of choosing a day off all that is needed is one day off per week, and that is automatically done if you have a day that you haven't reported crabbing.  Also in place of your Sun or Mon lettering it becomes EHR.  So far so good for me.
mtown

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2017, 01:48:38 PM »

Thanks for the info. That would definitely work for me as I never crab 7 days in a week, but might crab on Sunday and Monday.
Neither Crab
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 11:23:40 AM »

The License number DOES have to be on both sides. The day off only has to be on the port side/aft.
The License number only has to be on the left side of your vehicle. It's also supposed to be anywhere you're holding or transporting crabs,
like your walk-in.
 I can't find where is states both sides off vessel for Com ID# in COMAR? I also can't find the revision on the 4 to 3 in. numbers? When was it revised?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:47:43 AM by Neither Crab » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home