April 06, 2020, 10:55:25 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NC Monster  (Read 7024 times)
Pete Miller

Ignore
« on: November 08, 2003, 11:08:23 AM »

Sorry about not putting ruler on the 9.5 from NJ.  I can assure you the crab is legit.

Here's a pic of my giant I got after Hurrican Floyd.  Still waiting for suitable parts to replace regrowths with.

Pete Miller
252-269-0241
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2003, 11:37:49 AM »

Pete, I was wondering when you were going to put that big boy on the board. 9 3/4' right. How big are the claws on that baby 11". If an 8 1/2 is over 9 they have to be huge.

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2003, 10:34:52 PM »

OOFFFF WHAT A MONSTER!!!!!!
WHATS THE P2P LENGTH??9.75
WOW

WHERE IN NC WAS IT TAKEN

99 OR 2000
Howard

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2003, 02:26:31 AM »

Yo Pete:

Where, when, and how did you catch the giant Blue?

BeJesus that sucker's huge.  I hope you had to dip that monster..what a thrill that would have been, huh?

Joe Crabs:
Now I know what you mean when you said you wanted to head for N.C. for some crabbing...

R/Howard
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2003, 01:59:21 PM »

Howard, plus it's still much warmer down there, but [dang] it's a 9 to 10 hour trip. I would still need a day off and a stay over to time it right for a Sat. or Sunday trip. Plus I have spent a lot of time talking with pete and I really want to stop in say hello and see his museum.  I am probably more likely to make that trip next May or June though the thought hasn't left my mind. Head down on early Sat morning, Stay over and crab on Sunday and take the Monday off so I can make the trip back and rest.

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.

Pete Miller

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 12:17:38 AM »

Sorry Howard, I wish I could claim I caught this crab, but he was caught by a commercial crabber working the Trent River near New Bern the week after Hurricane Floyd.  I got 6 better than 9 inches in the 2 weeks following Floyd from crabbers as far south as Wilmington and as far north as Kitty Hawk.  This one was given to me with 2 others almost as big across, but smaller legs and claws and my instructions were to make the 2 best crabs I could from the 3 crabs.  This crab had all small regrowths on the right side except the swimmer.  No parts from the other 2 crabs came close to this guys legs and claws.  The right legs and claw shown were not this guys original equipment.  The legs are the biggest I have had since this guy arrived and they are small compared to the left.

I have caught 2 crabs at 9.5.  One when I was 9 chicken necking at the beach on Hunting Island, SC and then in 1974 working crab pots on Pungo Creek in eastern NC.

Joe, I have never thought of measuring the left claw, but I will tomorrow.  I just got back from Dad's-except for the dock the place looks like it did before Isabel.  His hip replacement recovery has been nothing short of remarkable.  Now, I think I can finish replacing my roof this week.   Alot of folks hurting real bad down here still.   I know alot of watermen who lost lots of gear and some boats as well.  Not much relieve from FEMA for people who make their living on the water.

Pete Miller
252-269-0241
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 09:34:23 PM »

Pete, glad to hear everything is going well as it can with your pop. That should help take off some of the stress and let your mind get to other things.

bob

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 04:58:45 PM »

Yeah Pete, once again coastal NC gets shorted by FEMA.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home