October 23, 2018, 05:25:06 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Female Blue Crab with Oysters growing on both sides of her eyes  (Read 6996 times)
southswell

Ignore
« on: June 01, 2017, 02:36:31 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/4ec648f0-f531-3adf-bdc3-5f42b30d3dce/ss_a-crab-unlike-any-you%E2%80%99ve-ever.html
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 03:41:00 PM »

man, what rock did you climb out from under.....  Smiley

How you been?

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Hawkeye
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 07:16:05 PM »

i know there is a picture -but i find this really hard to believe.  Wouldn't a crab molt and be rid of the oysters?  I've seen barnacles on crabs before - but nothing like the size of these oysters.

why would the washington post be reporting on news of a crab in Maryland...sorry my fake news radar is on Lol. 
southswell

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 07:24:01 PM »

LOL! A Big one. Doing well D. Hope you and ALL the girls are well. I drop bye every blue moon. I did see your pic of the early season blues. Nice job Wink Did you get to the Severn last year? Hoping it is as good as last. Did well there last year. Did not do many Wye trips last year. Did well twice, the other 2 ugh. Take care brother, will be in touch
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 07:32:07 PM »

i know there is a picture -but i find this really hard to believe.  Wouldn't a crab molt and be rid of the oysters?  I've seen barnacles on crabs before - but nothing like the size of these oysters.

why would the washington post be reporting on news of a crab in Maryland...sorry my fake news radar is on Lol. 
The sook is more then likely been bred and won't shed after that..  Those oysters are about a one seasons growth..

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 07:32:17 PM »

LOL! A Big one. Doing well D. Hope you and ALL the girls are well. I drop bye every blue moon. I did see your pic of the early season blues. Nice job Wink Did you get to the Severn last year? Hoping it is as good as last. Did well there last year. Did not do many Wye trips last year. Did well twice, the other 2 ugh. Take care brother, will be in touch

All is well.  One graduated college, 2 in college, one heading to last year of middle school and one starting middle school.  Me, well.....what can I say.  LOL

I didn't hit the Severn at all last year.  the Local rivers treated me well enough to stay local.  Glad to hear all is well with you.  We need to catch up this year.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Nj-creekcrabber

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 05:42:15 PM »

Saw that earlier... crazy
southswell

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 03:02:34 PM »

Time flying D! Crazy, graduating college. Glad they are all good. Will be in touch. GLTU

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home