February 19, 2018, 08:39:51 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eating crabs on the water question  (Read 1209 times)
Mookie

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2017, 09:40:09 PM »

With the risk is sounding really stupid, I have a question.  I would like to take some cooked crabs out on the boat to eat.  We clean them first so there's no shell on them when we eat them.  Will that be an issue with dnrec or other law enforcement if the bodies are smaller than 5"?
SlickCam

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 07:38:09 AM »

Cooked crabs shouldn't be a problem if you're not engaged in crabbing. If you are then they may want to see a bill of sale just to confirm you're not violating limits.
jp57

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 07:48:28 AM »

keep the top shells
discover
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 08:36:40 AM »

Not sure about eating cooked crabs while actively crabbing, but my son and I did this last year while fishing. I plan to do this more often. It was a great treat while relaxing on the water.
bgfishhook1
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 06:20:11 PM »

Not sure about eating cooked crabs while actively crabbing, but my son and I did this last year while fishing. I plan to do this more often. It was a great treat while relaxing on the water.
Ed That is a very novel idea, Why I didn't think of that??  But I am going to try it. We did take a Coleman propane two burner stove with us on the boat with a big canner and all of the seasonings and water to steam them.  I pulled the boat in close to shore and set up under a big tree and steamed our catch with sweet corn and an ice cold beer to wash it all down the tube, that was a fun weekend on the Wye River. Ah the memories. We left nothing behind to give away our little secret.

B G

P.S.  Someone on that boat has my heart DRINKING YANG THE VERY BEST AND OLDEST IN THE USA !

Get it on !

r_ventura_23

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 06:37:19 AM »

That is awesome.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home